Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Ice conditions Lake Winnipeg
LSF Member
From Hastings/Remer, MN
thanks for replies guys. did not know, never been there hard water. looks like snowmachines and portables it is. what's the best time to go then?

Posted on: 2017/12/19 16:44
IBOT #286

If guns kill people, can I blame my pen for my mistakes?
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Best time????? I would say when ever you can or can get accommodations. The heaviest girls are in late March as their egg sac is the fullest.
Lake Winnipeg can and does have whiteouts and when she blows she blows. A good GPS is in my pocket EVERY time I venture out as more than a couple of times I have had to use it.
We have been trying to get the local governments to help un providing some services and this year they have pit portable washrooms at Balsalm and Road 103 as well as agreed to try and keep the acess at 103, 100(Balsalm) and Beconnia open.

Posted on: 2017/12/19 20:46

LSF Member
Just a heads up. A friend yesterday drove his truck from Chalet almost to the mouth with NO problem BUTTTTT during the day after A Very large boom and the water coming up the hole they scampered out to find a 2 fr crack on one side of their vehicle and a 4 ft heave thr other. It took them 2 hrs to get off the lake. He said if they had waited another hr before leaving they would have spent the night on the lake.
Be careful out there as conditions can change QUICKLY.

Posted on: 1/3 10:47:10

LSF Member
IF you are headed to Lake Winnipeg BRING your extension. Holes today showed ice depths of 35 and 36". And it is only early January.

Posted on: 1/8 21:30:13

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Well how about a fishing report Canuck

Posted on: 1/8 22:03:44

LSF Member
The best part of fishing today was I found the fish hungry. Had several slam Clackin Raps with NO MINNOW . Nothing over 24" but all very chunky. I pig had 3 minnows in its mouth. Fished in 14 ft of water and iced 14 in 5 hrs myself. Found the water cloudy and yet same spot last week was clear. I am on a ridge where I have found slight current..
Marked some big marks and sure nice to finally see some aggression.
Access can be via Patricia, or Beconnoa and if you dont mind crowds there is Balsalm or 103. Good parking spot cleared at Beconnia and right on to the lake as well. Guys driving their trucks BUT I have my sled

Posted on: 1/8 23:55:44

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Thanks for the update Canuck! Keep hunting!

Posted on: 1/9 12:09:01

LSF Member
From West Fargo
There is 3 feet of ice already! Wow, going to be tough come March to find water. I am heading up in 3 weeks. I cant wait to get up there! Keep the reports coming Canuck!
Thank you.

Posted on: 1/9 14:42:24

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Thanks Canuck!

Posted on: 1/9 15:07:05

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page