Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Lake Winnipeg going down hill?
LSF Member
Fished the lake foe 3 hrs today. No masters..1- 27 iced 10 and lost a hog at the hole, my fault, love my ION (8"). Small pink on live minnows. Going off of Patricia in 14 ft. Sleds still the best mode.

Posted on: 2017/12/22 22:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From mora mn
Ripjiggen what made you go try the lake since nobody was fishing it at the time sounds like? Especially non resident?

Posted on: 2017/12/23 9:01

LSF Member
I think I remember that trip as I stopped by one evening. That was when you would be lucky to see say maybe 2 other vehicles parked at Pruden. How times have changed.

Posted on: 2017/12/23 9:56

LSF Member
From Minnesota
We used to cat fish the red every year and had heard stories and talked to some locals about the monster walleye that were caught in the river. The owner where we stayed convinced us to come up and try ice fishing. We were young and dumb. He literally drew us a paper map on how to try and get on the lake. Canuck is accurate in as we launched from pruden creek. When we got out to the lake and looked out and saw one home made shack that literally had clear plastic wrap for walls, we looked at each other and said you have to be s...ing me. We thought the owner was going to be joining us be he had something going on. We went out what we thought was a decent ways from shore drilled a hole and saw it was 7 ft. Once again we looked at each other and thought this was ridiculous. My friend drops down and literally sets the hook and breaks his line. Nice knot tie there buddie as we didnít believe him that it was a heavy fish. Soon after another buddie hooks into a fish pulls it up and it was about 14 inches. You have to be kidding we drove 10 hours for these little fish. We virtually drilled holes all the way to the mouth of the red and caught fish all day long. We caught 11 fish that day there were 28 inches or bigger. The owner finally met up with us and we kept drilling and moving and he had never seen someone drill so many holes, but he had never seen so many fish caught either. We all thought to ourselves how is nobody out here. Well low and behold when we got off the ice on our third day we get back to where we were staying and the owner was on the phone with the star tribune. He hands me the phone and says it is your local paper they want to hear about your fishing experience. I quickly handed back the phone and said I am not telling anyone about this place. It took a few years until we started to see some non resident trucks at the acces and now here we are today. Man re telling that story brings back a lot of memories.

Posted on: 2017/12/23 10:24

LSF Member
Quote:
Cool story.........funny how fast the word gets out these days..c63
Ripjiggen wrote:

Posted on: 2017/12/23 15:16

LSF Member
Someone asked about rainbow smelt. We cut open a burbot last winter and it has 25 small rainbow smelt. I am no fish biologist but the guy with me was a senior Conservation Officer. Soooo I dont know

Posted on: 2017/12/23 18:06

LSF Member
From mora mn
That's pretty cool ripjiggen

Posted on: 2017/12/24 0:24

LSF Member
From Duluth
Hereís to hoping you all have good luck this season on Winnipeg,,,

Tough to beat the picís posted on LSF of them nice Canada 🇨🇦 Greenbacks!

Posted on: 2017/12/24 11:18

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page