Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

SLow FISHING
LSF Member
Went out of JR with only 11 for 3 days.Any thoughts on more productive part of the lake. Electronics showed few fish. Thanks

Posted on: 2017/12/21 5:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: SLow FISHING
LSF Member
That's what we found in our 2 trips so far this year as well. Unfortunately I think the hype (and catch numbers) are inflated all too often.

Posted on: 2017/12/21 9:08

LSF Member
Need to move around and stay from others, but it is getting that time of the year where they slowing down with all the truck traffic. Was up first ice and I bet we caught 50 walleye a day. it got so bad I just pulled up lines to take a break. Part of fishing

Posted on: 2017/12/21 10:16

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
I guess you should have been there yesterday. I have had the same luck on Red when everyone else is "killing them". While I think the guys who run and gun catch a lot of fish, those who bring a wheel house or are in a outfitters shack are stuck with whatever comes through. I've even been in a Bearpaw shack and not had luck. Bad day of fishing is still better than working.

Posted on: 2017/12/21 17:14

LSF Member
Quote:

Gopher02 wrote:
That's what we found in our 2 trips so far this year as well. Unfortunately I think the hype (and catch numbers) are inflated all too often.

Ive been up there and personally caught 80+ in a day

I have also been up there and only caught one as well.

Posted on: 2017/12/22 1:34

LSF Member
From West Fargo
Early ice is different than the rest ice season. I have had unbelievable days on Red and slow days on red. But the guys are steering you straight. When it is slow you need to move, and not just once. Move, fish for a half hour if nothing is happening move again, some times all it take is 50-100 yard and jackpot!

My wife and I were having a slow afternoon on day last year and we made a couple moves and had only managed a couple of fish in a 3 hours when we made another move and BAM, the mother load! We had the best power hour ever catching 40 eye's in an hour. It was comical as it must have looked like a circus with us trying to catch them on the jigging lines and set lines before finally just reeling up the set lines and fishing with 1 line each.

So if you are willing to put in the effort to move more times than not it will pay off. And get away from the crowds.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.

Posted on: 2017/12/22 9:08

LSF Member
Fishing Vs Catching

The fishing is just as fast a furious as ever I suspect!!

Posted on: 2017/12/22 12:11

LSF Member
Toursauce32 when you moved your 100yrds.and landed on the fish were you in the basin or were you on structure. It's hard to believe there's a fish highway in a flat featureless plane but maybe I'm wrong.

Posted on: 2017/12/22 20:40

LSF Member
From West Fargo
Moved up next to a massive pressure ridge which created the structure. But we were in the flats in 9 FOW

Posted on: 2017/12/22 22:22

Staff Team
We had a great time and NO we did not slaughter the fish but we caught plenty to keep us busy and just plain have a great time on the ice with good friends. The bite slowed at night (which is really different) but during the day we would get one here and one there. A chartruse jig out fished the other set lines. I did get a nice walleye on a tip up with a small sucker minnow. Great times were had by all and we will be up to that great lake in two weeks for another adventure..................Kirk

Posted on: 2017/12/23 13:20

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page