Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

12/22 Report
LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Hit the pond for the day today. Headed out of Red Door just after 12 noon. We set out for Pantry Flat to start things off. After sitting there for a couple hours and not marking many fish we headed back towards shore and setup on the West side of East Flat in about 25 feet of water. Marked fish pretty consistently. We brought 3 topside between 16 and 19 inches. Missed several others. Packed up at 530 as things had died off a bit.

All in all a good day on the ice. Think we were sitting on about 10 inches of ice but did not measure it. We traveled by wheeler but several areas had probably 4-6 inches of snow that slowed us down some.

Posted on: 2017/12/22 23:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 12/22 Report
LSF Member
From West Fargo, ND
We were out on the west side today. Marked fish consistently, but couldn't get them to commit. Dropped the camera down saw some tulies and a few perch. 4 of us were out and fished between 12-23 feet on a transition. We lost 2 nice fish, never saw them but assume eyes based on the 3 we did get top side. They went 20.5, 21 and 24.5. Thick, healthy fish. None were caught on anything with noise/rattle. Hope everybody else had better luck!

Posted on: 2017/12/23 0:54

From Maple lake
We fished the west side as well. Started the day before sunrise. Fished 12-25fow on the reef. First fish wasnt cought until about 9am on a uv buckshot a very long and skinny 29" eye. Marked lots of fish throughout the day. Next 2 16" & 19" on deadsticks in the shack. Last fish for me for the day on the buckshot again, 13fow a chunky 24". Buddy ended the day with a 14" on deadstick. Big fish seemed more aggressive. Marked so many fish and they were just in a mood. Heard from a different friend that they iced about 40 but not sure what part I'd the lake. Funny how that works though. Good day on the ice regardless. Tight lines!

Posted on: 2017/12/24 13:31

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I was up on Thursday for the day and caught 35. Biggest was 27. Most caught on perch slab rap and and green timgler spoon. Worked three flats and drilled pretty much the length of the flats and just kept hole hopping. Get one or two in a hole and moved. Like usuall ice trolling was the key. If you sit in a spot you will catch some, but if you want to get on numbers you have to drill and drill and move hole to hole and pluck off the aggressive fish. Donít mark fish in a hole in ten minutes time to hop to the next.

Posted on: 2017/12/25 11:44

LSF Member
From mora mn
Quote:

Ripjiggen wrote:

Good report. We still need to meet up one day out there and fish. How was ice out there?

Posted on: 2017/12/25 12:12

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Good from Garrison roughly 8-10 inches everywhere we went. watched In depth outdoors and sounds like east has little bit of rough ice at first. Anytime Sundie I am always up for good company and a good stick.

Posted on: 2017/12/25 15:57

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page