Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Uff da...
LSF Member
Well I hope anyone fishing the Big Pond is doing better than we are. In my super-secret, always-good early ice spot, we caught a total of two walleyes the last three days. Last year, the week between Xmas and New Years, we put 30+ fish a day on the ice in the same spot. I should probably stop fishing memories, but we've had our house in the same spot every early ice since 1999 and it's always been good.

We changed things up today, grabbed some buddies, and headed to the south bays to drown some big suckers and shiners in search of big 'eyes and pike. Five guys with ten flags out for six hours didn't get a single bite. I had three other friends out fishing elsewhere, and only one guy caught one fish.

I did encounter one guy who said he caught 18, so who knows.

I sure hope y'all are finding more than we are!

Posted on: 2017/12/29 21:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Uff da...
Staff Team
From Annandale
That's a rough outing Carl! I'll swing up next weekend and try to change your fortunes if you've got space available. I've heard mixed reports myself. Hit or miss seems to be the situation right now.

Posted on: 2017/12/29 21:37

LSF Member
From mora mn
Fished Thursday got 28 with me and another guy. Lot of Lookers but the fish that bit were aggressive. All fish were fat. Even had a 15" spit up a fresh 3-4" perch

Posted on: 2017/12/30 10:04

Staff Team
Great report Carmike just wish the fishing was better. Hope the weather is the bad guy and the bite picks up after this cold snap. Good to see your after them..........Kirk

Posted on: 2017/12/30 10:17

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
Nicely done, Sundie. I've heard a few reports with big numbers of fish, so I know they're biting...somewhere. We had to borrow a wheeler to pull our house out, and that wheeler is no longer available, so we're stuck where we're at until they're driving out. That should be soon.

Ryan, it looks like you should go out with Sundie! :)

Posted on: 2017/12/30 17:07

LSF Member
From Hudson WI
Fished out of Red Door on Tuesday.....10 Walleye and 10 Jumbos. Slow most of the day but the fish that hit HIT HARD! Marked fish all day long. Didnt feel like moving once we setup =)

Posted on: 2017/12/30 22:04

LSF Member
From Minnesota
10 Jumbos, that is one of the better jumbo reports I have heard in 5 years.

Posted on: 2017/12/31 11:44

LSF Member
From West side
Fishing west side a week ago I was very surprised to catch 4 - 12" (measured) perch while jigging. Threw all back. Unlike last year there are almost constant echos of fish that do not bite. Figuring they are small perch which is good to see. Walleye action was slower with perhaps 8 caught from 7" to 18" in day and a half.

Posted on: 2017/12/31 11:53

LSF Member
Any new snow last night? How much?

Posted on: 1/11 6:35:39

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page