Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

East Rush
Staff Team
From Bloomington
To my surprise the skid house was pulled out on Saturday. I went to the resort to pay my annual fee and get things ready. As I talked to the employee she asked when I wanted the house out. Jokingly I said "now of course". She grabbed a walkie and the ball was rolling.

I had nothing with to actually fish with so I just left it there with plans to come back on Sunday.

It was after the game when we got to the house. Set it up on cribbing, banked the snow....etc. Finally drilled holes at about 4pm. 9" of ice only! It is good clear ice but the water on top of the ice tells me I need more ice than 9".

The ice was talking like crazy. Sometimes as a truck drive by sometimes just making new ice with no one around.

Anyhow... I was set up over ~22 ft and was marking fish right away. Small for the norm of this area. 7 - 9.9" Crappies. Pretty finicky. Had to change the lure frequently to get a fish on the ice. Color didn't seem to matter. I was using tungsten jigs with waxies. They stuck to the bottom unless teased off. Every once and a while something was suspended half way up. I could never get a bite from those however.

From what the neighbors told me the bite was hot until Saturday. Then it shut down. I would expect that with the cold front.

The next am ~11am I checked and we had 11.5" a new hole 50 yards away was 12.3" of ice. I guess -18 is good ice making weather.

I am sure most have heard of the Ice Report app for your smart phone. If not get it at your app store. Is is a great way to get and give ice reports.

The pic is one of the 9.5" Crappies I got.

Attach file:

jpg  crappie.jpg (1,177.74 KB)
5905_5a4bb248c6b54.jpg 4032X3024 px

Posted on: 1/2 11:27:50

Re: East Rush
LSF Member
Thanks for the report!!

Posted on: 1/5 16:27:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
I've been out there twice now. Lots of 7-9" fish. First time we caught 73 fish on the clicker between 3 of us, mostly crappies with sunnies mixed in (Monday 1/1) only 12 keepers (9 crappies, 3 sunnies). Not bad though for 4 hours.

We went out again on Sunday 1/7, fished from 11:30-4. Caught 52 fish between 2 of us on the clicker. About half sunnies and half crappies. Only 9 keepers ( 4 crappies, 5 sunnies) Lots of small fish.

Posted on: 1/9 14:13:53
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
Thanks SB!!

I'm still congested from the damned flu, but maybe I can get out in a couple of weeks!

Posted on: 1/10 13:53:41

LSF Member
From oakdale
Any updates on the fishing? Heard it was slow there saturday, was slow on Pokie too.

Posted on: 1/23 14:50:06

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Saturday was slow. They were late for the normal bite time and very finicky.

Friday night was better.

Posted on: 1/23 16:56:42

LSF Member
From oakdale
Is fishing picking up on the Rush lakes or is the snow and water pooling causing issues up there? I usually like to hit the lakes late ice when I can get up there.

Posted on: 2/28 16:40:34

Staff Team
From Bloomington
They are moving a lot now. The bite is also moving. One weekend it is 2-3, then 5-7. 2/24 there was 26" of ice then we got all the snow.

I assume this weekend will be sloppy.

Also there is a tourney there this weekend, and house have to be off. So it will be busy.

Posted on: 2/28 16:46:56

LSF Member
From oakdale
Thanks for the info. Gotta fish all day to hit the hot bite i guess. I have only been able to fish half days with wrestling and volleyball tourneys this year for the kids. Seems i have been missing many of the good bite windows and morning bites. I don't really like fishing at night, but may have to start doing it more in the future.

Posted on: 3/1 15:01:05

LSF Member
From oakdale
Finally made it up to Eash Rush saturday. Caught a bunch of crappies in 19 feet of water. Tried for sunfish toward dark in shallow. Caught 20, but only one over 8 inches. Shallow bite should improve as the ice gets worse.

Posted on: 3/27 15:54:32

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page