Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Honda EU2000i HELP??
LSF Member
It could be a faulty oil level sensor too. A simple check if it had spark could eliminate this possibility. There are only 3 basic things you need to make an engine run - air, fuel and spark. Need to figure out which of these 3 are missing then figure out why it's missing. Until then it's just throwing darts.

Posted on: 1/3 18:00:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Duluth
One of the things you can do for free before going to internal part issues is look in your owner manual or online.

Find out if it has a spark arrestor,if so remove and ck it. It’s just a small cone shaped screen on the outlet side of the muffler (on Yamaha’s anyway). Solved the same problem with mine more than once. take it out,you’ll know if it is full of carbon why it quits. Good luck.

Posted on: 1/3 19:23:03

LSF Member
From East Bethel
I have had mine for 12 years... In my opinion its has something to do with your oil level indicator... Mine burns a lot of oil. I run it for the weekends i go up north and I would guess that mine has over 2500 hours on it and the oil sensor is very finicky .... I can smell oil burning and as long as I keep it full she is ok. if the oil level goes low it runs like crap. I probably need to re-ring it but if I just keep the oil level above the lines and no issues... other than the smell of oil burning. Mine runs non stop for 80 + hours a weekend and the oil seems to be the difference of running fine or like crap. Try that....

Posted on: 1/3 23:18:41

LSF Member
Thanks for all the responses and suggestions guys! As of right now I'm thinking that chris63's suggestion is most likely my issue as the last two times it happened it was -20 ice fishing and again in the fall at 50 degrees with a light rain and maybe it was mixing some moist air in with the fuel. Especially since every time I've checked it it has had fuel in the carb, spark and air filter was not clogged but maybe it has been getting moist air in it and choking itself out.

I've always thought its been an air or fuel issue because if you are standing by it while its dying you can delay it dying by playing with choke (turning the choke on and off).

I have printed off the repair manual online and have gone through most suggestions on there for trouble shooting.

Posted on: 1/4 13:07:50

LSF Member
From St Francis
I've had the same problem with my Honda EU2000i. Bought mine in 2011 and have had the hard start problem since the 1st year. Once mine is running it stays running 99% of the time.
When cold starting mine (I take the gas cap off) it takes 3 pulls to get going...then dies...then 3 pulls...dies...then 3 pulls...then stays running for days. I have to keep it on 1/4 choke for it to run smoothly. If i don't take the cap off it is 10 pulls instead of 3.

I feel its a gas flow issue.

Posted on: 1/4 19:55:22

LSF Member
Try looking at this repair manual for the eu2000i and go to section 7.

https://halcyontimes.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/eu2000i-repair-manual.pdf

Posted on: 1/5 8:15:45

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page