Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Highs and Lows on Mille Lacs
LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
My buddy Tony and I hit the road after Christmas to go and chase some Walleyes on Mille Lacs Lake. We had plans to fish shallow structure during the low light hours and then head out to deeper structure during the day using an ATV. Day 1 the temps had warmed up some from the recent negative temps but we were surprised to find a very slow bite. The slow day was topped off by some ATV problems which left us scratching our heads on what to do for Day 2. As it turned out our options were minimal so we decided to pull out on the lake by hand to some shallow structure. It was -15 when we hit the lake but we were greeted by a bunch of hungry Walleye!

To watch a short video of the action, click HERE

Posted on: 1/4 9:46:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Highs and Lows on Mille Lacs
LSF Member
From St. Francis
Looks like a good time! I've been meaning to get out on the big lake for some time now. Is that the Okuma ABF-20b on your dead stick?

Posted on: 1/4 11:37:02

LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
Quote:
OldManSturzl wrote:
Looks like a good time! I've been meaning to get out on the big lake for some time now. Is that the Okuma ABF-20b on your dead stick

You got it! I bought it and put it on my Deadstick halfway through last ice season and really enjoy it! It took me a little while to find a Rod Holder that I felt confident the fish wouldn't feel any resistance but now it's put a ton of fish topside for me.

Posted on: 1/4 11:50:48

LSF Member
From central mn
Sweet vid...

Posted on: 1/4 11:54:10

Staff Team
Great video of some very nice walleyes. Can't belie e how clear that video is. Thanks for sharing your trip with us....... Kirk

Posted on: 1/4 13:01:23

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Nice work boys..........at least you have me thinking more about not wanting to be at work!! I think I am feeling sick....

If you don't mind me asking what are you using for your rod holder?? I have the same set up and also feel it might be too much resistance for some fish.

Great video...cant wait to get up there again myself. Sunday is the Day

Posted on: 1/4 13:24:03

LSF Member
So that's what Tony does when he's not chasing smallies in the summer :)

Posted on: 1/4 15:47:37

LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
Quote:

Kirk wrote:
Great video of some very nice walleyes. Can't belie e how clear that video is. Thanks for sharing your trip with us....... Kirk

Thanks Kirk! I love capturing my ice outings so that I can look back on them one day. I'm glad to hear others enjoy them too. I'll keep uploading them this season.

Posted on: 1/4 16:59:58

LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
Quote:

IdratherBfishin wrote:
Nice work boys..........at least you have me thinking more about not wanting to be at work!! I think I am feeling sick....

If you don't mind me asking what are you using for your rod holder?? I have the same set up and also feel it might be too much resistance for some fish.

Great video...cant wait to get up there again myself. Sunday is the Day

I grabbed it at the Fleet Farm in Lino. It's the HT Enterprises Lift N' Hook - works great IMHO for the Avenger/Deadstick combo.

Goodluck on Sunday!

Posted on: 1/4 17:15:20

LSF Member
Nice videos!

What do you prefer on your set lines? Shiners, fatheads, sucker minnows or rainbows?

Posted on: 1/4 20:53:05

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page