Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Weekend Report
LSF Member
Just got back from fishing at Long Point...Set up about 9:30 in 28'...had heard great reports for the past 2 wks straight...well, today was not in our favor...we caught ZERO keepers, 6 throw backs and one 22" that also went back...had one monster on for about 5 min but never got a look....love fishing out of Long Pt, but today was absolutely terrible...fished hard today with 3 flashers going as well as dead sticks...not sure if the weather played a part or what but today was literally my slowest day of fishing I've had in many years...hope everybody else had good luck because today was terrible for us...Thank God we could at least watch football while the fishing sucked!!!

Posted on: 1/6 23:17:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Weekend Report
Lake of the Woods must be French for s*it for fish(today)! We set up off the end of Adrians. Went hard from just after sun up to sunset and managed five in the bucket. A bad day spent on the ice still beats a good day at work anytime! Here is to tomorrow and the looming warm up! THATíS IT!

Posted on: 1/6 23:46:15

LSF Member
I remember when there used to be a ton of posts regarding the fishing on here...it's been pretty sparse lately...my new years resolution is to post after every fishing trip I am fortunate enough to be a part of...not every fishing trip is going to be great...that's lake of the woods, hell, that's every lake...I've had some great trips...and some pretty piss poor trips...but this lake is an amazing fishery and we should all feel pretty fortunate to be able to fish it...My next trip should be in a couple weeks and I will be sure to post about it...I'm guessing I will be going out of Long Pt....hopefully.... :)

Posted on: 1/7 1:09:59

LSF Member
Damn, so you guys had **** luck too...I've heard nothing but great reports all week...of course I had to work all week...I knew the cool down was coming...just hoped it wasn't this weekend...We fished hard too...4 adults with flashers....no keepers...that's a hard day on the lake...at least we drove from Roseau...well, anyway, good luck the rest of the year my friend...and keep posting...for some reason, the posts have really stopped...let's keep it going...good fishing or bad...I'd like to get this community going again

Posted on: 1/7 1:16:38

LSF Member
Got home today from LOTW , we fished Friday in 32' and my wife and myself iced 33 Sauger and 2 Walleye , We started at 8:00 a.m and quit at 4:30 . Dead sticks for the most part with chubs , as jigging was not the ticket . We did have to weed thru some small fish but we kept our limit of 15 Sauger and one walleye , no slots .For the most part these fish were not aggressive at all and didn't really want to chase with a lift upwards of the bait . They were tight to bottom , within inches , small gold , blue and white . Many times the small bobber would hardly go down , and maybe just move alittle one way or another , and sometimes no bobber movement at all , but you would just feel some weight and would then just have to set the hook . It was a extremely finicky bite .. We ate up 6 fish that evening .... On Saturday we set up at same spot and the finicky bite was the same way once again , maybe even more finicky yet , as we only iced 17 total ,12 Sauger , 5 Walleye , one 21" release . We wanted to keep six to replace the ones we ate , but only managed 4 more that we kept ... with all this being said just about all other people we talked to had quite poor luck on these two days . .

Posted on: 1/7 19:20:23

LSF Member
I would not feel too bad as I think there is some major inflating of reports that goes on here and elsewhere. We were up 2 weeks ago and things sucked for us too. It's just not as good as people think it is.

Posted on: 1/8 9:09:47

LSF Member
Big pressure change from Saturday to Sunday didn't help most. 2 of us had our limit by 1:30 but fished until 3 trying to find a big one. 25ft of water with jigging stick doing most of the catching ended a couple sauger short but nothing under 15 inches with most 16-19. As many know people who catch fish are on the move going places other people aren't and not telling many people otherwise it's just as crowded as your typical locations.

Posted on: 1/8 10:03:23

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Me and my buddy and his son fished Saturday and half day Sunday in 33 feet at the end of the Adrians road. We kept six fish all day Saturday and seven on Sunday morning. Pretty finicky bite for us also and we had mostly sauger. We got most of ours jigging, but had 1/3 on the set lines. I got one highlight fish Saturday night at 8:15 that made the trip!

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_5957.jpg (859.38 KB)
1887_5a539b0111de8.jpg 3000X2250 px

Posted on: 1/8 11:21:16

LSF Member
From Chaska/Leech Lake
Nice fish Re-tro ! Beauty

tweed

Posted on: 1/8 12:54:17

LSF Member
Fished Friday, Saturday, and a few hours Sunday morning off Adrians about a mile out in 25'. Fishing was definitely better Friday than Saturday, and was starting to pick up Sunday..about 50/50 jig vs dead stick. A lot of small saugers though. We left with a limit after 3 days and having a 3 fish meal, but nothing bigger than 16" between the 2 of us.

Posted on: 1/8 15:29:35

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page