Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Clearwater Lake
LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Fished Clearwater Lake yesterday and felt totally lost. Some spear fishing shacks lined up in a row and then a couple of separate groups in deeper water. Few, if anyone, were off on their own. I worked to catch 3 bluegills. Was surprised that BJ's charges $5 for parking but they probably have good reason, and that introduced me to the public access just south of there. I walk out so I got exercise. Next time I'll simply pick an area on the map, try to find it, and give it a go. So much structure it feels overwhelming.

Posted on: 1/9 10:05:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Clearwater Lake
LSF Member
From Ogilvie mn
I've had luck for crappies on the north west side of the big island in years past. Caught em in 50 fow suspended at 30. If you can find the crappies usually you'll get some pigs.

Posted on: 1/9 10:19:23

LSF Member
From Maple Grove
Me and a friend want to try Clearwater next Monday. I've never fished the lake. Can anyone tell me how the ice is, or the best spot to access the lake? It looks like there is a current. Is it safe to drive, or should you only stay on the west and north of the lake?

Thanks!

Posted on: 1/9 12:15:42

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Addicted 2fishing: People are driving out, at least from the south access, about a half mile south of BJ's Bait shop., I don't know the northern access. The people I saw were fishing the west part of the lake, not too far out. I could not see the east part of the lake so don't know about it.
I hope others can inform you about the rest of the lake.

Posted on: 1/9 21:45:52

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Bligneel: What are "pigs"? I've never heard that term before. Pike?

Posted on: 1/9 21:48:41

LSF Member
From Ogilvie mn
I'm referring to the crappies being pigs... as in big and fat. Their hard to find though. So much structure and areas they could be anywhere... It's definitely a tough lake to figure out

Posted on: 1/9 23:04:50

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Quote:

Addicted2Fishing09 wrote:
Me and a friend want to try Clearwater next Monday. I've never fished the lake. Can anyone tell me how the ice is, or the best spot to access the lake? It looks like there is a current. Is it safe to drive, or should you only stay on the west and north of the lake?

Thanks!

I don't fish it much, but the common knowledge is, don't drive from the Northwest basin thru the narrows to the SouthEast basin. That spot is always thinner.

Posted on: 1/10 9:32:09

LSF Member
From Maple Grove
Thanks! That's what I needed to know!

Posted on: 1/10 11:31:21

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page