Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

1/13/18 report
LSF Member
Red this weekend was rough, plenty cold and a few marks on the flasher, but no bites. Talked with a few other guys and there reports weren't much different.

Posted on: 1/15 22:34:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1/13/18 report
LSF Member
From North burbs
We are heading up the weekend of Jan. 26th. Where did you go out of? How deep were you? What were your presentations? Hopefully the weather changes by then, looks like things will be warming by then for us.

Posted on: 1/16 8:35:01

LSF Member
Thursday afternoon to Sunday AM 2 of us caught 13 total with a few misses. A little north of Center bar in 12 FOW. Did not catch a fish after Saturday morning.

Dead sticks and jigging worked. Small spoons and plain hooks.

Posted on: 1/16 9:54:43

Staff Team
Our house caught 30 walleyes. There was four of us and we had three full day and nights on the ice. Our other house had three people and only caught 7 walleyes in the same 3 days. I know Upper Red Lake has a lot of walleyes left in it but the slot and the amount of pressure it has received the last five years, you have to wonder. Talked with four different long time fishing guides up there and the weekend before we got there they said over 5000 houses were on that lake. So many in fact that cell phones were having a hell of a time working. Hope we have many years to fish Red but it is not looking good.......Kirk

Posted on: 1/16 13:38:05

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Maplewood, MN... Emily, MN
We were up there this past weekend out of outdoor authority on the north end and did well. We caught fish all throughout the day with the morning and evening hours being better

Rattle reels with plain hooks and with smaller minnows seem to be the ticket on most of the fish. Also in the peak hours I was catching them on a small vmc red sooon with the minnow Head. I wouldn’t even have to watch the vexilar just sat there jigging while watching the football game and waited for a thump and I had another fish on

We were set up in 8fow, but I’m thinking with the less crowds around up helped out a lot and the beacon harbor road being closed to the renters only helps out a lot too

Posted on: 1/16 14:05:28

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page