Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Satellite Set up
LSF Member
This is my first year with a skid house, I'm out of the red door, anybody know what angle satellite has to be at and/or what direction it needs to pointed (i know its usually to the south). When i bought the house it had a direct tv dish on it, got a box from mother-in-law and hope to get it to work. Thanks

Posted on: 1/16 9:51:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Satellite Set up
LSF Member
From Princeton
I believe mine is at 34 degrees. you will want to point south/south west.

Click menu/setup/signal locators then signal strength. you will get a beeping sound along with a percentage signal. The faster the beeping the stronger the signal. 90% should be good. If you do not get a good signal, lower the degrees a bit and try again.

Posted on: 1/16 12:03:15

LSF Member
From North Branch MN
You will need a compass to get the Azimuth set and the dish needs to be set to the right elevation., there may also be a skew..? The fish house needs to be fairly level but doesn't have to be perfect and the post that supports the dish must be level. As the prior posting said then use the receiver and tune it in.

Check this web site for dish settings and use the Malmo zip code 56431.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/dishPointer.jsp

Posted on: 1/16 12:18:20

LSF Member
Thanks guys, i will try that

Posted on: 1/16 12:32:59

LSF Member
Another quick question for you guys since you seem to know what you're talking about. It is just a standard old nothing special dish, i got box from mother-in-law thru her service, its an hd box, satellite i dont believe is HD does that matter? (obviously i realize i wont get HD thru that antenna)

Posted on: 1/16 12:56:28

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
I dont have the name, but there should be an app you can download for your phone that lets you look at the phone will pointing it at the sky and it will show you where the satellites are to help get you in the right directions. This combined with the beeping tones should help get you dialed in. I have friends who have used this when we were out ant its pretty easy

Posted on: 1/16 13:04:49

LSF Member
what is the model number of your receiver?

Posted on: 1/16 13:35:55

LSF Member
Not sure model number off hand, i left it in my fish house

Posted on: 1/16 13:42:28

LSF Member
From North Branch MN
Once you get the receiver model number do a search on your phone there should be some setup help or dish pointing instructions. It will help if you know what satellite number you need to tune to and the setup menu on the receiver itself "should" have some helpful information also and "should" give you the pointing directions by zip code similar to the link provided earlier and maybe even a satellite number.... With any luck the dish on the fish house is in the same position as it was the last time it was tuned in and all you will need to do is get it close to the correct compass heading then make small adjustments to the right or left until its tuned in. Good Luck!

Posted on: 1/16 14:18:34

LSF Member
The previous owner of house told me he had it correct up and down, just had to adjust east and west, but i tried that and i couldn't get any beeping or signals (not to mention it was cold as S last weekend) but i could have had settings wrong or something as well

Posted on: 1/16 14:22:25

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page