Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Satellite Set up
LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
How many cables come out of that dish? It sounds like the hr22 is compatible with both SWM and dual tuner multi switch. If it only has ports for 1 coax on the lnb it's a SWM dish. In this case, there is s power supply that you need that goes with the dish. The power supply has an electrical connection, and two coax ports on it, one goes to your box, ine goes to the dish. Ig you have aSWM lnb, you will never get any signal without that power supply.

If your dish has multiple cables, then you need to have your hr22 in dual tuner mode, and you should be able to get channels, I don't know if you need the multi-switch in between the dish and the box, or if you can just run the two lines to the receiver as I'm not familiar with this setup, I only know what I know from setting up mine and some friend SWM systems.

The power supply is probably in your friends utility room at home if he no longer uses directv or you can get them online for like 20 or so dollars on Amazon or whatever. Good luck

Edit: you only need b band converters if you are in dual tuner mode, i.e. two cables running to box from dish instead of one.

Posted on: 1/24 7:32:37

LSF Member
My Box has 2 coax ports, one thats labelled "satellite in 1 (swm-2)" and one that reads "satellite in 2". Running to my dish is just a single coax that has a ground wire on it, not sure if somewhere that wire has been broken (they have like 200 feet of extra cable on top of my fish house).

Posted on: 1/24 9:10:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
at one point i was reading numbers on the screen where it goes through 1-32 transponders, but on the signal meter screen i could never get it to read any numbers, and now i have not been able to duplicate getting those numbers again on the transponder screen

Posted on: 1/24 9:11:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page