Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Yamaha 2000 watt generator acting up
LSF Member
From Park Rapids
interesting stuff. I set mine on the tailgate of the pickup to keep it off the ground and keep the snow dust as minimal as I can, however im guessing you still get some blowing up there.

going to try it Saturday and see how it runs with the warmer temperatures

Posted on: 1/18 10:10:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Wahkon,MN
I don't think you need to worry about fine dust from the tailgate. I use the box when I use our SUV otherwise gen sits in the topper covered bed my truck

The rubbermaid is only for dust and temp. Every now and then in -20 or lower the breather line from the crankcase will plug from condensation freezing in the breather. This will cause CC pressure to build, long story short oil will be sprayed out your exhaust and best case scenario is the low oil sensor shuts it down. Changing oil regularly is the best prevention and also keeping the gene warmer works too. there are also some heated breather tubes they sell too for $100.

Posted on: 1/18 12:45:15

LSF Member
From Park Rapids
As a follow up, I figured I would post what I found to be the issue. If the oil level is a little low, it sounds like the engine has a sensor and tries to prevent it from running at full throttle. I found mine to be a little low, plus sitting on the tailgate it actually sat at a bit of an angle instead of flush.

added a few ounces of oil and the issue went away.

Posted on: 10/11 11:40:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page