Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Big lake trout lakes
LSF Member
From mora mn
Been talking about it for last few years and not going but next year I am going to set something up. Looking for lakes or area for big Lakers. I've heard crow lake and area has been getting smaller fish with all pressure maybe just rumars idk. Also heard aitikokan area has some real good potential lake. What have you guys done?

Posted on: 1/16 19:39:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Big lake trout lakes
LSF Member
It may be a bit of a drive but if you are looking for Lake trout check out Clearwater up by The Pas Manitoba. Then try some of the other smallee lakes for brookies or bows.

Posted on: 1/16 20:17:42

LSF Member
From Minnesota
White Fish Bay Lake of the woods...

Posted on: 1/16 20:45:46

LSF Member
From mora mn
Anyone fish clear water west near atikokan?

Posted on: 1/16 21:43:18

LSF Member
Big? How big are you talking? Any Ontario lake with lakers would probably fit the bill for a first timer trip...Most of the popular destinations have been mentioned and are good options...have backup everything including sleds, augers, and electronics as -25 or lower is not kind to gear and is the average morning wake up temp up there during prime laker season...

Posted on: 1/17 11:59:02

LSF Member
Quote:

sundie23 wrote:

My dad has and also fished White Otter. Good numbers and potential for good size in both lakes. If you are going on a trophy hunt I think there are better waters that I PM'd you info on.

Posted on: 1/17 12:38:07

LSF Member
Quote:

sundie23 wrote:

I've fished white otter and clearwater the past 3 years and prior to that we did a trip to crow. This will be our fifth year chasing lakers with our very first attempt to land a laker being on crow. Numbers have been increasing every year and we have been switching up the dates from January to late February and inbetween hoping to find some thing that really gets us into the big fish. At one point the world record for lake trout was held on Wite Otter and thats what turned us to that lake. We leave in 3 weeks and cannot wait. Last year i think we landed 47 lakers total in our group of 4 and the year we started the hunt for lakers we landed 4 total. We do 3 full days fishing each year bouncing around all day from an hour before sunset to an hour after. It can be physially and emotionally draining pursuit but well worth it once the line starts peeling.

Posted on: 1/17 12:47:07

LSF Member
From central mn
Watched a outdoor show over the weekend,guys were after giant pike and lake trout on Great Bear Lake located in the nw territories,man the giant trout they were catching up to 30lbs + but If I recall the record laker came outof this lake 60+lbs.But that was long ago.

Posted on: 1/17 14:10:29

LSF Member
From andover
Nice to see guy's are fishing White Otter and Clearwater by Atikokan. I have caught many lake trout on White Otter but it was on open water all the time and in June every time there. Used to take the road to hell and then put the boat in there years ago [haven't been there in 10 years but went there every year for 15 years straight]. Camped on a peninsula for a week each time. Butch Furtman has done his Sportsman Journal show out of Browns Clearwater Resort a few times. They get some nice one's out of that lake. Seems like they get one over 20 pounds there every year. Call Browns Clearwater Resort and they can give you great information on both lakes. Last few times we went to his resort and went from there and portaged over to White Otter. Biggest one we got on White Otter was 15 pounds and that was off shore fishing with dead smelt off shore where we camped. good luck.

Posted on: 8/20 14:01:32

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page