Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Where to go/what to do
LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Have been up several times this winter with marginal success. Looking to do a quick trip up on Saturday afternoon. Looking at the weather it will be nice enough to maybe do some hole hopping to locate fish prior to setting up the portable.

Normally do the Red Door but see they are hosting a tourney this weekend so expect it to be a zoo. With the warm weather kind of expecting the whole lake to be a bit of a zoo.

Have done Lybacks in past years so somewhat familiar with their roads. Have also done Terry's so familiar with theirs. Both places have not been to this year so don't really know the status of where they are getting to and how accessible things are. We stayed at Agate Bay Resort last weekend and roads were in great shape but due to rough ice and some drifting snow looked a little challenging to get off road in some areas.

Anyone have any suggestions on where things are somewhat easily accessible? PM me if don't want it posted here.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 1/16 22:50:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Where to go/what to do
LSF Member
Where to go well I would pick anyplace.

What to do? I would drill a bunch of holes and only go after aggressive fish I would probably only use a ripin rap only and just bounce around. Forget the lookers and trying to entice them just keep bouncing around eventually one will smack it.

I dont know much though

Posted on: 1/17 0:48:07

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Thanks, mainly looking for basic accessibility of getting off the roads to areas than tactics. Don't want to use an access road that has 3 foot drifts all around and can't get on any spots. Probably want to get out to mud flats or deeper gravel.

Posted on: 1/17 10:27:36

LSF Member
From West side
Prior to last weeks snow & wind you could drive anywhere out of west side resorts like Terry's. Probably still fine, people are catching fish all over out there.

Posted on: 1/17 11:38:13

LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
Was out of red door this past weekend, soon as you get over the cracks you can pretty much drive anywhere. Pulled the shack off road for a little bit to get to flat, wasn't an issue.

Posted on: 1/17 11:40:28

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Thanks guys, that is what was looking for. Have 4x4 truck but not interested in busting drifts and possibly getting stuck to get to spots.

Posted on: 1/17 15:08:38

LSF Member
We'll be heading out of Myr Mawr Saturday morning with aspirations to get to the middle of the lake with the truck. Are snow drifts that bad on the lake? Should have no worries about ice thickness.

Posted on: 1/18 9:45:15

LSF Member
From South Metro
As someone looking to calm the wife as far as driving that far out (flats) - how much ice is there?

SD

Posted on: 1/18 11:36:19

LSF Member
I was up Saturday/Sunday, never measured the ice but there was a lot of ice. My guess is right around 20". There was a 12" crack that prevented us from getting to the middle. We were shooting for 8 mile, ended up settling on 3 mile and fishing was terrible. We used Garrison Sports road, he has the crack marked on a map in the bait shop there. I am assuming that crack won't be an issue this weekend, but with the pending warmup there might be other issues.

As far as snow, I had a 16' house behind my truck and the drifts were somewhat of an issue. I almost got stuck turning around, but made it happen and was able to get back to the road with a little more speed than I like (but was necessary). We were in white out/blowing snow so it was hard to see the drifts. Had I not had a house, and had it been sunny, I think I could have got wherever I needed to go, but it would of been a slow meandering journey through the minefield of snow drifts.

Posted on: 1/18 12:30:01

LSF Member
Hate to hear when fishing is terrible. We're just hoping a warm trend here this weekend will help fish be a bit more aggressive. We'll be just using a truck, shouldn't need a house with the weather and resorts on the East side I've heard have roads out to the middle.

Posted on: 1/18 14:50:32

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page