Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports



« 1 (2)



Re: Marcum Clarity
LSF Member
Joined:
12/20/2009
From Princeton
Posts: 254
so why does it seem that 10+ year old vexilars don't have this problem?

Posted on: 1/24 20:58:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Marcum Clarity
LSF Member
Joined:
12/23/2012
From Hastings/ Harris
Posts: 319
I would agree with the battery. Same thing happened with my Vexilar and a different battery fixed it.If you know anyone who does biulding maintenaence, it is the same battery used in emergency exit signs. I have a buddy who got me some from a hospital maint guy and our hangar maint guy got me a couple . I made up a couple of power packs to run fans and lights in my hub, but one of them cured my Vexilar clarity issue.

Posted on: 1/24 22:22:00
_________________
Tony
Vegetarian: that's an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'--Andy Rooney
The first rule of duck and goose hunting is simple: if the birds can see you, then you are freezing your butt off for nothing.--Jim Zumbo
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Marcum Clarity
LSF Member
Joined:
12/14/2014
From Duluth
Posts: 243
Quote:

Roddy wrote:
so why does it seem that 10+ year old vexilars don't have this problem?


Donít know,thatís why I bought new. At 10 + years it was like trying to get an old tv repaired. For me,,,at less than $300 new with a case,battery,charger vs $75 transducer and possibly same issue,,,

Also tried the new battery,didnít help.

Posted on: 1/24 23:12:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Marcum Clarity
LSF Member
Joined:
12/20/2009
From Princeton
Posts: 254
Quote:

bitekiller wrote:
I would agree with the battery. Same thing happened with my Vexilar and a different battery fixed it.If you know anyone who does biulding maintenaence, it is the same battery used in emergency exit signs. I have a buddy who got me some from a hospital maint guy and our hangar maint guy got me a couple . I made up a couple of power packs to run fans and lights in my hub, but one of them cured my Vexilar clarity issue.


I bought my battery from a local bait store. Was going to buy a new one the last weekend of the year last feb. they gave me an old one and said to come back in the summer or fall to get a new one so it would not sit all spring and summer. I don't think they stock a lot of batteries.

Also, the clutter seems to clear up after a few minutes, it's just that i can't get the jig/bait dialed in to be only one line/bar

Posted on: 1/25 8:09:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Marcum Clarity
LSF Member
Joined:
01/07/2016
Posts: 145
Just try cleaning or wiping the bottom of the transducer. It's almost like a film can tend to build up on the bottom of the transducers. I seem to need to do this especially after longer periods of down time with the unit . I actually just give it a few good pressure swipes across my pant leg or jacket sleeve on Carharts , not something that's slick . Also make sure your holes are drilled as straight as possible , as crooked holes tend to mess up signals.

Posted on: 1/25 8:47:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Marcum Clarity
LSF Member
Joined:
12/20/2009
From Princeton
Posts: 254
Quote:

Bigfatber wrote:
Just try cleaning or wiping the bottom of the transducer. It's almost like a film can tend to build up on the bottom of the transducers. I seem to need to do this especially after longer periods of down time with the unit . I actually just give it a few good pressure swipes across my pant leg or jacket sleeve on Carharts , not something that's slick . Also make sure your holes are drilled as straight as possible , as crooked holes tend to mess up signals.


Thanks for the suggestion. That seemed to solve my problem last weekend.

Posted on: 1/29 15:28:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Marcum Clarity
LSF Member
Joined:
01/07/2016
Posts: 145
Quote:

Roddy wrote:
Quote:

Bigfatber wrote:
Just try cleaning or wiping the bottom of the transducer. It's almost like a film can tend to build up on the bottom of the transducers. I seem to need to do this especially after longer periods of down time with the unit . I actually just give it a few good pressure swipes across my pant leg or jacket sleeve on Carharts , not something that's slick . Also make sure your holes are drilled as straight as possible , as crooked holes tend to mess up signals.


Thanks for the suggestion. That seemed to solve my problem last weekend.


Hey there Roddy. I'm glad that my suggestion worked for you. I will always remember the very first time this problem happened to me and I basically freaked out while I was on the ice thinking my then almost brand new sonar went haywire on me , boy was I bummed.. The cleaning/wiping of the bottom of the transducer was a sort of "Hailmary" for me at that time , and that corrected the situation immediately for me . I actually had to do it just a few weeks ago up at LOTW while fishing with my wife . I now know immediately that I have to do it when the situation arises, no more freaking out .

Posted on: 1/29 21:10:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 (2)




[Advanced Search]


 

 
Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page