Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Which one Ion or Ionx????
LSF Member
10/4 Canuck, we were just talking about the "lack"of snow and the temperature swings this past weekend across the whole North American continent.Certain pockets got cold temps and heavy snow. Regular 60 to 70-inch snow zones got 12 then half or all melted.(Nothing new just seems to be larger swings more often). One good thing is the critters have an easier time with less snow cover.Good luck in the "Gods country up der,.... ehe????"c63

Posted on: 1/30 16:00:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Got the IonX this year, and have had zero issues with ice build-up, or drilling up to 20 holes a morning though 22" of ice. I have not drained it below 3 bars even after 3 days in a row of use before charging.

I love the no-hassle, reliable and quiet drilling.

Posted on: 1/30 18:48:52

LSF Member
From Grand Forks
I did have issues with ice build up with my ION X the first year I used it. I found out that the bottom cast had been redesigned to help with this. I called Ardisam, which owns ION, told them about the ice build up and they sent me an entire new auger bit assembly, no questions asked. They even overnight shipped it to me no charge!

This year, I have had no issue with ice build up with the redesigned cast/blades.

Side note, I was in Cabela's in East Grand Forks, MN and they had ION X on sale. I believe the were down to about $500 bucks. They also had all the accessories marked down about 25% including batteries. When I checked Cabela's online they didn't have the augers available but did have extra batteries on sale.

Posted on: 1/31 11:23:03

LSF Member
From Wahkon,MN
Quote:

holmsvc wrote:
Are people still having issues with ice build up on the bottom of the ion x?

Yes. not as bad as the first round of X heads. There are some tricks to slow the icing but I will not rely on it as an auger to hole hop with.
The company was great about responding and changing out the auger as mentioned. The auger has its time and place and I won't get rid of it. Id like to see them add a point to the original auger bit on the X power head setup.

Posted on: 1/31 15:53:53

LSF Member
Yes a point would be helpful for getting it started sometimes on very smooth ice.

Posted on: 1/31 17:34:28

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
They added more open air around the blades, I haven't had any issues with mine freezing up, but I did hear about that freezing isssue with a few older model ion x's... i wouldn't say mine is any different than my old Eskimo...

Also, my ION X does have point in the center for starting holes.. Do your guy's not??

Posted on: 2/1 8:13:08

LSF Member
Mine does not but I have had it for 3 years so probably an older model.

Posted on: 2/1 13:00:08

LSF Member
Zero problems with mine. New style

Posted on: 2/2 14:57:49

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page