Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: Road Pass Prices
LSF Member
Quote:

arneb04 wrote:
Just my but I think the road access costs help keep their rentals more affordable. Maybe their prices aren't dependent on that at all, but it certainly can't hurt, and as far as I'm concerned it's pretty damn reasonable. Cost to access the lake from private property - well, they own it, and those of us that pay don't own it. So if you want to use it, shut up and pay. If it was easy enough to travel the lake from public accesses go do it. But then you don't even have a number to call when you get stuck, so good luck with that.

I agree. You may not like how they charge, but, that's not your call. It's not your land to access the lake. If you don't like the product, don't use it. Plow your own road off the public access.

Posted on: 1/31 16:25:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

steelhead30 wrote:
Quote:

arneb04 wrote:
Just my but I think the road access costs help keep their rentals more affordable. Maybe their prices aren't dependent on that at all, but it certainly can't hurt, and as far as I'm concerned it's pretty damn reasonable. Cost to access the lake from private property - well, they own it, and those of us that pay don't own it. So if you want to use it, shut up and pay. If it was easy enough to travel the lake from public accesses go do it. But then you don't even have a number to call when you get stuck, so good luck with that.

I agree. You may not like how they charge, but, that's not your call. It's not your land to access the lake. If you don't like the product, don't use it. Plow your own road off the public access.

You guys are missing the point. I have not heard one person ever complain about paying to use a private access. The rub comes when those private access treat the roads on a public water as their own. They have no more rights on the ice/water than any other person.
Is very simple but I'll try. Imagine a big game outfitter guiding on state/federal land. Now imagine that outfitter tells joe blow private citizen that they have to pay to hunt in their area because they own property somewhere within many miles of that public property. Does that help?
As to the guys that are saying "shut-up and pay", I expect that you will never accept help from a private individual if you have trouble on the lake. Please refuse assistance and call a resort. That's what you are asking for.

Posted on: 1/31 19:28:27

LSF Member
How is that even a comparison twisted? I want to see you at the public access and plow and mark a road 20 miles and then maintain it.

Posted on: 1/31 19:49:25

LSF Member
Quote:

harley276 wrote:
How is that even a comparison twisted? I want to see you at the public access and plow and mark a road 20 miles and then maintain it.

I'm guessing you would be one of the first to take a free ride on my trail.

I can plow a road or make a trail anywhere on the lake that I choose. I have the ability and the right. I chose not to because actions such as those will further harm the LOW fishery.

I also chose to pay the landowners for access across their property when that is a better option. I appreciate the opportunity to cross private property and will compensate them as they wish. However I will not pay a private entity for the privilege to fish our public waters. I'm not sure if I can explain it in any simpler terms.

I would be more than happy if the resorts chose not to plow roads but the cash cow is to big for them.

The wheel house phenomenon is a bitter sweet situation.

Posted on: 1/31 20:00:52

LSF Member
where is your road?

Posted on: 1/31 20:14:09

LSF Member
<<<<< Wherever I want it to be.

Posted on: 1/31 20:27:53

LSF Member
You maybe could plow a road but you would have no idea where to go.I am glad about the service they provide and I am sure they have a lot of expenses.

Posted on: 1/31 20:44:01

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
Quote:

twisted wrote:
Quote:

steelhead30 wrote:
Quote:

arneb04 wrote:

You guys are missing the point. I have not heard one person ever complain about paying to use a private access. The rub comes when those private access treat the roads on a public water as their own. They have no more rights on the ice/water than any other person.
Is very simple but I'll try. Imagine a big game outfitter guiding on state/federal land. Now imagine that outfitter tells joe blow private citizen that they have to pay to hunt in their area because they own property somewhere within many miles of that public property. Does that help?
As to the guys that are saying "shut-up and pay", I expect that you will never accept help from a private individual if you have trouble on the lake. Please refuse assistance and call a resort. That's what you are asking for.

Twisted I'm trying to figure out what your argument is. I've never heard of a resort stopping anyone on a road on the lake and demanding they pay a fee for being there. Maybe I'm real naive but I have just never heard of that, and if that's the case I would never use that resort. But just because you jump onto the road they plowed from wherever you got there from doesn't mean you're now more entitled to service or rescue by them either. If your gripe is about resorts getting upset about people setting up close to resort houses well, i can tell you no matter how PO'd they get, they can't do anything about it. Even if they tell you to leave, you don't have to do anything as long as your the proper distance away. 10.01ft sure why not. But, if you look at it from their side, some guy just went cross country and pulled up shop next to your resort house. You know, the spot you put on your GPS after hours of searching, the house you spent a couple grand on, on the road you spent a bunch of money and time plowing or marking, just to have a sight-fisherman weasel in for no other reason than your house marked a spot and they might be inept at finding their own and impact your business. It's public water, I get it, but there's courtesy to respect them and their business too.

Posted on: 1/31 22:34:41

LSF Member
I've been told a few times that I'd better not get caught on a resort's area without a road pass or I'll be in big trouble. I offered to call the local CO to clear things up and they got pretty quiet. I don't agree with the strongarm tactics.
The rest of your post is pretty spot-on with my point. We all have the same rights and are suppose to follow the same laws on the ice.
As to getting help, check out my latest experience that I explained on post #29.
Common courtesy and being a decent human being goes a long ways but it needs to go both ways.

Posted on: 1/31 22:50:58

LSF Member
Twisted why are you even close to any resorts you have all the answers you should be off on your own with out any help at all.

Posted on: 1/31 22:58:36

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page