Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Mille Lacs 1/26-1/28
LSF Member
Quote:

IdratherBfishin wrote:
Bowhuntermitch.......Have you used the Finicky Fooler hole cover/Ring system when it was cold out? I know you mentioned you were impressed with over the weekend but it was seasonally warm this past weekend. At least it was in St. Cloud area.

I have been looking for something like this as I use a bait feeder real attached to a light tipped rod as my "tip Up"....I keep struggling with my line freezing in the hole when it is 20 degrees or colder. The wind also kills me when there is no snow cover.

I am ready to press Send on the Fincky Fooler website and purchase a couple of these, I am just looking for the last clarification before I do so.

Thanks for sharing BTW if this works I'm going to be stoked!!

I have not used it with the ring system. BUT I have two rings on the way...wish I would have made the purchase in the first place. Saturday and Sunday we did have issues with the holes freezing over, and the bobber stops (used as my depth marker) freezing to the ice.

That being said we did some quick improvising with Styrofoam plates and clear catch cover lids that we had laying around in the wheel house. Worked great after that, so I imagine a more "air tight" lid like the one sold by FF will do even better.

BTW....they're doing a great sale right now. $30.00 for the unit, hole cover system and the wind block. I wish I had a need for more, I just don't at the time.

So much more fun fighting fish on a rod than hand over handing them. And you still get the excitement of a "flag up!" moment.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Posted on: 1/31 9:00:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

mnfinn wrote:The bite was great last night with the full moon. 22 fish and itís only 6 am

Good to hear! Any more details you could share without giving too much away? FOW? Looking to get out again this weekend if I can sweet talk the wife!

Posted on: 1/31 10:48:53

LSF Member
From Princeton MN
We went out of Hunters Point this last weekend. Center road to Banana's and went to the left. Fished in 26-30 FOW water in the gravel. Picked up 7 fish Saturday morning to Monday morning (missed about the same amount). Most fish caught from just before sunset to 1:00am. Around 7:00pm used Rattle reels with med suckers and plain red hook. I have about 10 feet of Mono after the braided line on my rattle reels. Jigging spoons with minnow head up three feet from the bottom. Let the jig sit for a while. Get them to chase it if they come up to look at it. Aggressive jigging did not work for us.
I had a walleye come up eight feet from the bottom and pound my sucker minnow. Walleyes ranged from 8" to 27"
Good Luck!

Posted on: 1/31 17:38:19

LSF Member
Very subtle jigging(close to bottom,(mud)) is working........... small easy side to side try oil color, red plastics................one euro!All the fish are puking up light brown colored shrimp.Good luck c63

Posted on: 1/31 17:46:02

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page