Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Re: Cousins or Keenum?
LSF Member
From andover
Listening to KFAN this morning they said Keenum is going to Oakland and Cousins is most likely coming to the Vikings. good luck.

Posted on: 3/13 8:00:24

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Wrong news, at least on Keenum. He is going to sign with Denver at $18M - $20M/year. Which I think is just one more dumb move by Elway, guy is an idiot when it comes to picking his QB's. Not that I am down on Keenum, I actually think the Vikes should have kept him. But for Denver, they were in need of a good QB for a last ditch effort to get to the Super Bowl. And compared to their Super Bowl team, the defense is getting older, slower, and worse, and Keenum is no Peyton Manning. Thus, signing Keenum was a dumb move.

I don't think there is any credible news on Cousins yet. But it was confirmed that the Vikes contacted Brees' agent. That would be cool for couple years.

Posted on: 3/13 8:11:52

LSF Member
From andover
Ya the confirmation was on Keenum and the Cousins deal has been speculated pretty much by most "in the know" in the NFL world. Seems to me by all the reports over the last week that it just makes sense to Cousins to not only get the money plus he wan't to go with a winner. Jets could give him the cash but he would be on a loosing team. Just makes sense. I'm good with whatever the Vikings do. good luck.

Posted on: 3/13 8:35:19

Staff Team
From Annandale
If Cousins signs with the Jets tomorrow it would be devastating. I can't see Brees leaving NO. It took a miracle play for the Vikings to bounce the Saints from the playoffs. Why leave home for a team that is on the same level as the team you already play on in the town you call home? It seems almost certain that Cousins is a sure thing, however, the way I see it, if Cousins was such an incredible QB, he'd be signed long term in Washington. They've seen enough of him to feel comfortable letting him go. That would make me a bit nervous as a GM. If Brees was an option and he has mutual interest in joining the team for a year or two, no doubt you go that route and let Cousins head to NY or AZ. Again, it seems like a lock but wow would it be panic time if Cousins chooses to do the unexpected.

Posted on: 3/13 8:41:22

LSF Member
From andover
It could be that Cousins wan't to be with a team that has a better future as far as getting a title. I'd be happy with Cousins or Brees. These guy's would be on this team to make a difference and to break in the younger QB's the Vikings have on the team and maybe a draft pick. I don't think Bridgewater want's to hang around as no. 2. He want's to go somewhere to get a chance at no.1 sooner. Bradford will be gone. I liked Keenum and wish he would have stuck around but he wan't a paycheck and to be a starter. good luck.

Posted on: 3/13 8:53:23

LSF Member
I agree highbreeze,

Spiellman likes to play the "confidence" card and wait and see, but that can also burn him, big time. I think they were dragging Keenum along, hoping he would be their fallback, but Keenum went where the money was offered, and I can't blame him. I think the Vikes would have been happy to get him for that money, if he was the next best thing. Now, they are kind of all in on Cousins, cuz Brees just signed a deal to stay in NO.

So now it is down to Cousins, Bridgewater and Bradford. Chips are falling, and Spiellman is still apparently waiting............

Cousins - lost of guessers on him. Only thing I look at, is Washington has terrible talent around him, so you cannot look at his record alone. Compare ability to Keenum, his is way more athletic, has a stronger arm, and especially more accurate on the long ball. But Keenum had better pocket awareness, look how many times he baled out the OL by scrambling away from a rusher. Not sure Cousins has that, and will take more sacks. Remember how bad the Vikes OL looked with Bradford (immobile) and then when Keenum got in there is didn't seem to be a problem? Its because of Keenum, the OL didn't get any better, Keenum just felt the pressure and moved away from it or scrambled. Its a God given ability, not something that can be taught.

Cousins IS NOT worth $10M/year more than Keenum, that is for sure. But is he worth that much more to get them to the Super Bowl???????

Posted on: 3/13 9:15:09

LSF Member
Im guessing the vikes must have an unofficial agreement with Cousins, thats why the Broncos went Keenum already. If for some reason thats not the case and Cousins ends up going to the Jets or elsewhere it would be a big blunder on part of the Vikings. They have to come out of free agency with Cousins, Keenum, or Brees and 2 of the 3 are already apparently off the table.

If Cousins does sign elsewhere I'm guessing you'll see Bradford back or they'll take a shot on AJ MCCarron.

Under normal circumstances Cousins is not worth $30 million. The only way he is worth that to the Vikings is if he gives us a legit 2-3 year window to win the Super Bowl. You could of had a decet QB for $10 million less but a super bowl would be worth at least $10 million to the vikings.

Posted on: 3/13 9:48:12

LSF Member
From St.Augusta, Brainerd Lakes Area.
From what I have heard, the Vikings knew they would sign Cousins a few weeks ago already. When every GM in the league was already saying it's a done deal with Cousins and all the "insiders" were saying the same thing. The Broncos didn't even offer Cousins a contract, they knew he wouldn't sign there. As far as the Jets offering him more money, yes they can. But what I heard last week is that the Vikes can offer him a little less but Cousins would still be making more here, per the state income tax agreement that MN has with Michigan as that is Cousins homestead. He would only have to pay the lesser of the 2 states which is Michigan at 4.3% or something, compared to Ny/Nj 9%.
Since 2015 he is the 4th best QB in the league statistically speaking... Numbers don't lie.
Completion %--3rd at 67%
Passing yards---4th at 13,176
Passing/Rushing tds--tied at 4th with 94
Game Winning drives---3rd with 11
Like Charlie Casserly said last night, the guy puts up yards, and to Who???
Can't blame his overall W/L record on him, when there hasn't been a team around him.
Pay this man his Money!!!

Posted on: 3/13 10:06:42

LSF Member
No agreement could have been made, verbally or otherwise, until free agency started. They could not even discuss numbers, or meet in any way. If they did, it would incur fines and loss of draft picks, likely, from the NFL for tampering.

Of course, who knows what happens under the table, so to speak.

Posted on: 3/13 10:41:18

LSF Member
From St.Augusta, Brainerd Lakes Area.
***Breaking News****. Mark Rosen posted on wcco website that the Vikings will sign Cousins Tomorrow!! He mentions the Vikes will get him at 28 million a year. Then the NY dailynews webite say we offered him a 3 year contract with annual of 28 million. He is scheduled to visit the Vikings tomorrow evening into Thursday.

Posted on: 3/13 10:47:24

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page