Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

2000eu oil light
LSF Member
Anybody else have issues with oil light illuminating when using synthetic rather than conventional oil.I changed back to conventional and not light since.BTW,if you are trying to “save”money forget it and just go with a Honda.c63

Posted on: 2/4 14:22:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 2000eu oil light
LSF Member
From East Bethel
I agree 100% I bought a ryobi from Home Depot saved 400 but what a piece of crap. It cut out all the time so I’m he satelite had to reboot. I returned it and bought a Honda

Posted on: 2/4 18:06:50

LSF Member
From Wahkon,MN
Similar thing just happened to me this weekend. it was -10 and -20 sat and sun morning when I went to start it after sitting out all night. I think that the oil was too thick and the light turns on and kills it. had to restart it a few times till the oil thinned a bit. Oil level was not low either.
I think the last oil I uses was 10w30 amsoil, I will use 5/30 next to see if there is a diff. First time it has happened and I've ran amsoil since new several years ago.

Posted on: 2/5 9:54:06

LSF Member
From Princeton
Quote:

MarkBruzek wrote:
Similar thing just happened to me this weekend. it was -10 and -20 sat and sun morning when I went to start it after sitting out all night. I think that the oil was too thick and the light turns on and kills it. had to restart it a few times till the oil thinned a bit. Oil level was not low either.
I think the last oil I uses was 10w30 amsoil, I will use 5/30 next to see if there is a diff. First time it has happened and I've ran amsoil since new several years ago.

We used to have the same issue at Red Lake. We often had issues trying to start the generator in sub zero weather. We would have to play with the choke and restart it several times. We switched to Mobil 1 and have not had an issue since.

I will disagree about all other generators being junk. Two years ago I bough a Champion 3100 so I could also run my air conditioner on the camper. Paid $650 for it during a Cabelas promotion. We had one time when the honda quit running during snow with high winds. Fired the champion up and it ran the rest of the weekend. The additional CC's are also nice when running the pizza oven.

Posted on: 2/5 10:06:56

LSF Member
Quote:

Roddy wrote:
Quote:

MarkBruzek wrote:

I will disagree about all other generators being junk. Two years ago I bough a Champion 3100 so I could also run my air conditioner on the camper. Paid $650 for it during a Cabelas promotion. We had one time when the honda quit running during snow with high winds. Fired the champion up and it ran the rest of the weekend. The additional CC's are also nice when running the pizza oven.

Those Champion 3100s are nice. I sold my 6 year old Honda 2000 for more than what I paid for my Champion. The Champion comes with electric start and electric choke, I also added a fuel pump to it so I can run an extended tank. The Honda is a little bit quieter with no load but when drawing anthing over 500 watts the Champion is quieter. I've used it since July and no issues at all even when -20.

Posted on: 2/5 10:35:15

LSF Member
I never said all other generators are junk.I just prefer Hondas.Keeping the generator up and out of moister will help the air filter from clogging thus choking out the generator.Still on the fence about synthetic for small engines with touchy sensors.Low oil warning light comes on once in a while when cold.c63

Posted on: 2/6 20:13:24

LSF Member
BTW have heard about a laptop and small computer getting fried while using a champion generator.They have addressed the internal electronic overload problem.c63

Posted on: 2/6 20:17:15

LSF Member
From Duluth
Been using my new champion 3100 this winter in -20 weather with no issues. Have owned Honda and Yamaha also. Still like the new champion and if needed parts and support are readily available. Plus the price was nice.

The auto start/choke is nice in the cold weather for it will retry 6 times electronically off the remote.

As for oil lights,never had any issues with any of the three brands used in the past 20+ yrs,synthetic oil or regular.

Posted on: 2/6 21:26:53

LSF Member
From champlin /remer
I have four Hondas a 1800 2500 and two 2000 and run mobil 1 5w30 syn in all of them and what I found is they all like to be over full of oil in the cold weather .

Posted on: 2/7 9:27:30

LSF Member
From Princeton
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
I never said all other generators are junk.I just prefer Hondas.Keeping the generator up and out of moister will help the air filter from clogging thus choking out the generator.Still on the fence about synthetic for small engines with touchy sensors.Low oil warning light comes on once in a while when cold.c63

Sorry Chris if I insinuated that you were calling all others junk. I just wanted others to know that they do have choices other than honda and yamaha that do perform very well.
Five years ago I was in the camp that a generator had to be red. I have owned two eu2000's over the past 12 years. When I bought my champion, i needed 3000 watts to run my AC. Was not going to spend the $2200 for a honda 3000.
Did quite a bit of research and found almost everyone with a Champion 3100 was a happy owner. Was able to purchase it for a third of the price.

Some of the off brands have come a long way in the past few years.

Posted on: 2/7 9:43:22

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page