Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Helix 5 Chirp G2
LSF Member
From Anoka
Anyone have a good reference on how to knock out the interference when fishing next to a vex.

I have the newish software upgrade and XI 9 1521 transducer. Tried messing with the 15 and 21 degree width, and cycling through the chirp interference but never found a clear screen that would hold.

Buddies fish with the FL 20 , FL 8 , and FL 8 SE

Posted on: 2/5 11:08:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Helix 5 Chirp G2
LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
What mode do you have your unit in? Normal or advanced? Switch to advanced and take it out of auto depth and set your lower and upper depths manually as with noise and surface clutter. Also, try changing the switch fire mode. Between adjusting these settings and the interference rejection you should be able to find the sweet spot. I've fished next to.vex with no issues. Deffinetely a little bit of learning curve on these units.

Posted on: 2/5 22:34:29

LSF Member
From Cokato, MN
Also check that you have the 1521 ducer selected in the sonar menu.

Posted on: 2/5 22:45:25

LSF Member
From Anoka
I do have it advanced mode. I always set my own bottom depth, never messed with the top depth. I'll try out your techniques next time I'm on the ice next to a Vex.

I do have it selected for the 1521 transducer.

Thanks for the input.

Posted on: 2/6 11:12:09

LSF Member
I get/have zero interference between my FL-20 (proview ducer) and Helix-7 g2n w/ 1521 ducer.

I typically have the FL-20 set to a gain of 1 or less
and the Helix set to a gain of 9.

This weekend these 2 units were within 4-feet of one another and had no issues.

Posted on: 2/20 15:43:39

LSF Member
There should be no issues with these units . There is going to be a sweet spot there some where with your dialing in . . Make sure both of the transducers are clean on the bottom by rubbing them on a towel or pant leg to remove any hard water film that tends to build up on on these . I have found this to be important and will cure so many clutter and/or interference issues, and the need for higher gain settings , especially on the vex FL's......

Posted on: 2/20 19:10:26

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page