Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Current snow cover?
LSF Member
Wondering about snow cover, getting around without tracks?I'm thinking wheelers are out by now unless we get a god 3to4 day melt?Is the ice at 30+inches yet?c63

Posted on: 2/7 14:28:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Current snow cover?
LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
I was up there two weekends ago and there was very minimal snow cover around long point. Should have no problem with a wheeler I would think. I saw a truck drive out to 3 mile reef. I don't believe that there has been much additional snow since then and if there was it likely just blew off the lake as it was pretty windy the couple times it has snowed.

The ice is closer to 40" in most places I would say. The k drill only had a couple inches of travel left before I would have needed an extension and I was on bare ice. Again, that was 2 weekends ago so I would expect it to be slightly thicker by now.

Posted on: 2/8 9:36:14

LSF Member
Any more info on cross-country travel or snow cover on lake?c63

Posted on: 2/8 15:40:06

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Dont have any current data from myself but I often watch the videos that Curt Quesnel puts on his facebook page. His video from 30 January talks about roads and conditions all over the place. Check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/CQuesnell/

Posted on: 2/9 13:15:03

Just got home from up there. I can tell with just a pickup I think you can go almost anywhere. With a wheel house its a bit touch and go if you want to get off the beaten path. The problem is the drifts are so hard as soon as you bust thru them its pure powder underneath. Also any where there has been any kind of path or house there drifted in twice as deep now. With a little finesse and heads up driving and a good shovel you should be ok.

Posted on: 2/11 17:30:36

LSF Member
Fine line for wheelers then.....to soft break through, get stuck.Too deep get stuck.Another problem when off-roading.(ON roading for that matter). Snow storm/and or big wind=drifts=stuck.Maybe a snowmobile is in order?????Humm maybe a tracked wheeler..hum maybe a bombadier...snowcat..oh oh.......this is going to get expensive!!c63

Posted on: 2/13 15:33:12

LSF Member
Hows truck travels off roads this week leaving Wednesday.

Posted on: 2/26 13:44:53

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Just got back and they just had about 6" of new fluffy snow. We we're at the NW Angle and there was no way you were going off the ice road without a sled. South shore might be different because there's so much traffic but I wouldn't count on it.

Posted on: 2/26 18:11:33

LSF Member
Thanks, I figured after this last blast of snow cross country bombing is getting harder without tracks!

Posted on: 2/27 15:22:56

LSF Member
From Hammond
Way to give a live report chris... anything happening???up there..

Posted on: 3/2 9:45:40

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page