Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Ice Shack Burglars~
Staff Team
From S.E. MN
Have a bunch of people hang out in the area with spotlights, Permits to Carry, Conceal and Carry “packing heat” and when the punks come out to play and they go into shacks with evidence of them stealing items then dial 911 when they arrive and tell them that that you have them at gun point with details “Surprise”!
More than likely it will be an all out event and maybe the helicopter to light up the area!
This will send a strong message to the punks who have the brain farts to steal others hard earned and cherished items.
Witnesses are the key to success.

Just saying!

Posted on: 2/9 8:09:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

wingnut wrote:
I alarm mine since it has a 12vdc battery like your car. Buy a car alarm and put the siren and a light beacon on top. Then everyone will hear and see something is going on.
You spend 20k or more on a fish house makes no sense not to protect it. Your insurance might cut you a break too.

Do you live on the lake you keep your house on? If the alarm goes off don't you need to go out and disarm it for it to shut off? If you're not within eyesight or hearing distance of the house that alarm could be going off for a long time before you make your next trip out to the house.

Posted on: 2/9 10:13:17

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
When I was a kid my grandpa's fish house got broken into on Lake Andrew in Kandiyohi county. Twice in the same year. Busted the door off, took his bucket of jiggle sticks, his auger and his propane tank. There wasn't much for electronics to leave and stuff back then, but it was the same act both times. After that, every year since then if his house has been out, it's unlocked and there's nothing in there but a chair. Never had a problem again. It was a lesson I was thankful to have learned early on. So when my house is out for a couple weeks and I'm not there, I have no worry in the world other than if someone just got utterly pissed there was nothing to steal and vandalizes it for the hell of it. Thankfully that has not yet happened.

Posted on: 2/9 10:24:31

LSF Member
I believe there is a special place in hell for thieves.

Posted on: 2/9 15:11:16

LSF Member
From St Cloud
It resets if you don't get there to turn it off. AKA Viper Alarms. The range on a lake it quite far with no building or such. I can be setting in the cafe eating and my key fob alarms or disarms my alarm.

Posted on: 2/9 22:31:54

LSF Member
From St Cloud
It resets if you don't get there to turn it off. AKA Viper Alarms.

Posted on: 2/9 22:31:54

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page