Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Cancun fishing
LSF Member
From Chisago
I'm heading to Cancun in April, just wondering if anyone has gone out on a fishing charter there? Is it worth the money and any recommendations? Might leave the wife at the spa for the day and see if I can fill a single spot on a boat. Or any shore fishing?, places to rent equipment? Need a license? We're staying just north in Playa Mujeres.

Posted on: 2/8 21:16:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Cancun fishing
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Oh yah we have a guy here that goes down there all the time just south of Cancun. He'll be posting his advice in 3...2...1...

Posted on: 2/8 21:45:21

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Huh not sure why he hasn't responded yet. I think Bander is the one who goes fishing in Mexico allthe time...

Posted on: 2/9 16:48:29

LSF Member
Sorry BB!!

I'm on da udder side on the Pacific in Zihuatanejo.

Here is a link to the TripAdvisor page for Cancun fishing:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g150807-Activities-c61-t217-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I would hit the Playa Mujeres forums and ask for fishing advise in there.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1229340-i12413-Playa_Mujeres_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Hear is something universal in Fishing Mexico.....

"Don't get a boat from some "coyote" on the street, at the hotel, or on the beach. No telling what you will have if anything when you show up to fish.

The same is true of the internet, if they don't have an office, live in the area that you are going to fish or captain the boat you are looking at, then they are a booking agent.

You may get what you want but the Captain won't get what he deserves."

We are off to Zihuatanejo in three short weeks!!

Can't wait to get out of the cold for 10 days!!!

Posted on: 2/9 16:59:52

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Oh sorry bander for some reason I thought you went out of the Riviera Maya region. My bad. Thanks for posting some advice anyway. Good luck down there, I'll be sitting on the ice looking down a hole when you are out enjoying the sun!

Posted on: 2/9 17:38:35

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
I have been fishing there several time. that time of year can be very good. I have had my best luck fishing with the smaller panga boats that are parked on the north part of the beach in playa del carmen. they are very reasonable and if you go to talk to them you can work a good deal. last year I went out of porto morales on a charter boat that was out of el cid wrong time of year but they did a good job getting us on some bottom fishing we got a lot of fish nothing big but good eating. good luck!!!

Posted on: 2/10 9:36:44

2011 Mille Lacs Lake Trolling GTG Champion.

LSF Member
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Oh sorry bander for some reason I thought you went out of the Riviera Maya region. My bad. Thanks for posting some advice anyway. Good luck down there, I'll be sitting on the ice looking down a hole when you are out enjoying the sun!

Zen and the Art Of Ice Fishing!!

I still may try to get out for a day before hitting Mexico!

Might take a Friday off and hit Mille Lacs in a day house for a few hours if this stinking Cold Weather breaks a bit!

Posted on: 2/10 11:23:44

LSF Member
My advice:
Take the collectivo from your resort to puerto Morelos, grab a few beers at store by pier (for the trip), walk down to Panga boats and barter directly with the boat owners

Posted on: 2/10 19:02:51

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page