Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Jackknife sofa recommendations
LSF Member
I would like to replace the Jackknife sofa in my 2012 Ice Castle with a better quality one. I see they use some nicer looking ones in the new ones. I have checked out the sofas that they use in the Yeti’s and Firebrand, they look to be better quality. What is everyone’s recommendation about which one to get? Any idea what brand of sofa Yeti or Firebrand use?

Posted on: 2/9 15:16:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Jackknife sofa recommendations
Staff Team
From S.E. MN
I am building a shack and have bought a few items and found that Pleasureland RV has a surplus store with sofa’s etc. and are great people to work with.
Good luck with your project!

Trick

Posted on: 2/9 15:32:35

Staff Team
From Bloomington
I have wondered why there are so many people taking them out of their wheel houses. I thought one would be nice for my skid house. But they must have a down side if so many people take them out of their wheel houses. Is it that they are putting better quality ones in or is it the item itself?

Posted on: 2/10 11:54:57

LSF Member
Quote:

orandausa wrote:
I have wondered why there are so many people taking them out of their wheel houses. I thought one would be nice for my skid house. But they must have a down side if so many people take them out of their wheel houses. Is it that they are putting better quality ones in or is it the item itself?

The one I have is similar to a Futon, not the most comfortable thing to sit or sleep on. It has mounts on the ends. Nothing in the center, so they bend easy. I see they but a board under the center to support them in the center now. And they sell a support that is retractable to support the center when it is in the bed position. The one in my shack isn’t very good quality. The ones in the Yeti’s were a lot better quality when I checked them out a couple of years ago. But I didn’t ask what brand they are.

Posted on: 2/12 12:26:30

LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
I just bought one off ebay for my last shack build. It was from a trailer surplus place in Indiana, was labeled for a palomino camper. Paid $425 shipped to northern MN, it's pretty decent.

Posted on: 2/12 15:29:34

LSF Member
Thanks, crestliner08

I will check them out.

Posted on: 2/13 10:43:16

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page