Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 12 »

Vikings 2018 Season News
LSF Member
From andover
Vikings have hired their OC. John DeFilippo the QB's coach for the Eagles is now our OC. So the QB choice for our team will get solved soon. good luck.

Posted on: 2/9 20:52:49

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Vikings 2018 Season News
LSF Member
From Minnesota
This guy is suppose to be a offensive genius to hear the media tell it. Chilly was also so time will tell.

Posted on: 2/9 21:05:16

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I know a lot of people are stoked about this hire but I'm confused. He was the OC at cleveland (of all places cleveland) and then his next job was QB coach? Seems like a step back. I'm pretty sure the head coach called all the plays at Philly. The best part of his resume would probably be coaching up Wentz and then Foles when he had to step in.

I don't know, just not as excited as others seem. I'm sure it will be fine.

Posted on: 2/9 21:28:12

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
I know a lot of people are stoked about this hire but I'm confused. He was the OC at cleveland (of all places cleveland) and then his next job was QB coach? Seems like a step back. I'm pretty sure the head coach called all the plays at Philly. The best part of his resume would probably be coaching up Wentz and then Foles when he had to step in.

I don't know, just not as excited as others seem. I'm sure it will be fine.

Correct on that Pederson called the plays in Philly which is one of the reasons he came here. He wanted to be an OC and play caller whereas had he stayed in Philly, he could have been the OC but not called the plays.
Can't knock him for the Cleveland gig because well, it's Cleveland. He was also the OC at Oakland from 2012 - 2014.

I'm always confused when teams go after the "hot" OC or DC or coaches from the Super Bowl teams. Just because they got to the playoffs or Super Bowl does not make them a good coach.

Be interesting to know how much of a hand he had in the "development" of Wentz and Foles because they were both pretty good QB's before they got to the Eagles. Heck, Foles was pretty good his first time around in Philly and that was under Kelly, arguably one of the worst coaches ever. He also coached Carr for a year at Oakland and Carr showed promise his first year and then took off the following year and now he has regressed without him so maybe this guy is a QB genius.

I guess time will tell. Be interesting to see how much influence he has over who comes, goes, stays at the Vikings QB position.

Posted on: 2/10 10:04:54

LSF Member
From andover
Vikings will open their season on Sept. 6 against the Super Bowl champions Eagles at Philadelphia. Revenge. good luck.

Posted on: 3/19 9:00:02

LSF Member
From andover
Vikings 2018 schedule:

Week 1. Sept. 9 vs 49rs.

2. Sept. 16 @ Packers

3. Sept. 23 vs Bills

4. Sept. 27 @ Rams

5. Oct. 7 @ Eagles

6. Oct 14 vs Cardinals

7. Oct. 21 @ Jets

8. Oct 28 vs Saints

9. Nov. 4 vs Lions

10. Bye

11. Nov. 18 @ Bears

12. Nov. 25 vs Packers

13. Dec. 2 @ Patriots

14. Dec. 10 @ Seahawks

15. Dec 16. vs Dolphins

16. Dec. 23 @ Lions

17. Dec. 30 vs Bears

good luck.

Posted on: 4/20 10:43:28

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Away games at packers, rams, eagles, patriots, and seahawks (although I think they will be bad this year feel like that's a tough place to win on the road). Ooofdah.

Posted on: 4/20 13:22:15

LSF Member
From andover
Ya, this will be a tough season for them with a tough schedule ahead. I don't think any team will take the Vikings lightly. good luck.

Posted on: 4/20 14:49:47

LSF Member
Quote:

BrianHoffies wrote:
This guy is suppose to be a offensive genius to hear the media tell it. Chilly was also so time will tell.

Chilly was a branch off the Andy Reid tree and no way in hell is that a recipe for success. It is amazing Andy is still in the league with that offensive mindset. Chilly's only contribution was picking up Brent at the airport. This Philly guy is the real deal......no worries.

Posted on: 4/21 22:05:14

LSF Member
From andover
Ok so where are the VIking fans?????? Pre Season is on it's way and I'm getting exciting. good luck.

Posted on: 8/6 16:12:28

(1) 2 3 4 ... 12 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page