Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

FROZEN IN SKID HOUSE
LSF Member
From Hugo
I have a permanent fish house and for some reason this year it's frozen in solid half way up the 4x4 skids. I blocked it up on 2x4's the same way I have for years but something went different this year.... anyway anyone have any suggestions on how to get the skids broke free from solid ice???? I have left the heat on high inside over night and the are liquid but the outside is SOLID!!! Any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

Posted on: 2/17 8:41:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: FROZEN IN SKID HOUSE
LSF Member
From South Metro
Chainsaw along the outside skid if the inside is loose...

Posted on: 2/17 10:32:39

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Yeah if you got the inside melted and loose should be able to chisel or saw on one side then knock it loose from the other side.

We have had some pretty extreme temps this year so who knows what happened. Was probably the super warm day after the big snow storm melted a lot of snow that day then it got real cold again.

Posted on: 2/17 12:24:13

LSF Member
From Hugo
Took about half the day and a case of beer 😃 between me and a few buddies. Chain saw 3 ton jack and an auger did the trick!

Posted on: 2/18 8:55:18

Staff Team
I am glad to hear you got it unstuck and off the lake. Nothing worse than having major issues especially on the ice. Nothing a few buddies and a few beers can't accomplish lol.............Kirk

Posted on: 2/18 11:02:30

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Glad you got it off! A few beers always help, especially while using power tools

Posted on: 2/18 16:28:05

LSF Member
Minimum 6 inches 10 is better ......I know more to bank up but won't get frozen in!Glad you got it.Been there done that...no fun at all!c63

Posted on: 2/18 19:56:44

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page