i think we'll try very shallow for the night stuff
Kind of like hunting wabbits.....be bewy bewy quiet!c63

Posted on: 2/22 15:34:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Night Bite
LSF Member
Quote:

homer5 wrote:
Has anyone had any luck catching a few late night walleyes in a sleeper house? Always nice to hear those rattle reels going late in the night.

As for the night bite at LOTW and for most lakes for that matter ,is it really depends on moon phases , and full moons with clouds , and full moons without clouds .. I know lots of folks will say LOTW is not known for a night bite , but not so fast with that one .. I have personally seen some good bites happen up there with a very full moon with zero cloud cover coinciding together . If I was to be trying for Walleye at night up there it would be under these circumstances only, most definitely.. And during cloudy , or times other than this full phase , i would probably pass on the night bite attempt . . . So book your sleeper stays accordingly ,if catching fish at night is an important part of a sleeper stay for you, and this night bite phenomenon is so very , very true at Red lake .. I always get a kick out of a week old report on what hours of the day were best for a group , well heck , I got news for you , it's a whole week later , and it's a different moon phase , it's gonna change , it's gonna be different.. Even on a extended stay trip of oh let's say five days of fishing ,for example, hot hours of the day are going to be different from the start of that trip , to the later days of the trip ... moon phase and cloud cover control your outcome , along with other factors , mainly barometer readings . Good luck guys , I hope this may help you out some.. A hot bite ends for some reason always , it's up to you to to figure out why and adjust one way or another, somehow , and doing such usually awards you with more fish frys .

Posted on: 2/22 22:08:13

LSF Member
Thanks for all the input. I'm definitely planning for a more steady day time fishing just a little action at night would be a bonus. I usually will pull a couple walleyes and a pout or two. Hope next week will be a good week for staying on the ice.

Posted on: 2/23 1:52:52

LSF Member
Full moon phase a comin ☪️☪️☪️☪️

Posted on: 2/23 2:05:32

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Another way to extend the bite window is to get near the current. Kinda tough to do with a truck and a wheelhouse this year though.

Posted on: 2/23 7:41:37

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
keep it coming guys, its just going to make next week drag on until i get up there!

Posted on: 2/23 9:26:52

LSF Member
Hook up a hot dog on a quick strike rig for a big pike.

Posted on: 2/23 9:39:18

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN

Posted on: 2/23 10:47:57

LSF Member
From Cloquet, MN
One piece of advice I have is to use the Tiger Eye glass jigs at night on your set lines. I had never used them up there until this year, but I'll be darned if they didn't outfish our other set lines 8-1. Also, the fish that we caught at night ONLY came on those jigs. Coincidence? Definitely not out of the question, but next weekend when we're up there again that's what will be down there at night.

Posted on: 2/23 10:57:42

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page