Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Evening Outing
Staff Team
From Annandale
I headed out of work yesterday and down to the Verizon store to get a phone issue that has been plaguing me for the last 2 weeks (insurance claim if you know what I'm saying). After spending over 5 hours in 2 visits I was hoping for a quick data transfer so I could hit the ice and for once my luck held and I was in and out in 30 minutes.

I headed to a little mud puddle I fished once this summer and caught some very nice bluegill in deeper water. This was August and 83 degree water so thing were a bit different this time around. The water however was still pretty murky with around 4 feet of visibility tops. I set up on a smaller gravel bar on a steep break and hunkered down for the evening. I started catching a few chunky perch right away that could use a couple of more inches on them to be great table fare. The perch boogied out and I had a fish crush my dead stick and managed to spit the hook on the way up. Bit of a let down as it felt like a pretty solid fish. After that just as the sun was dropping I had a couple fish come through suspended and managed a couple of crappies who did not hesitate one bit to take the bait and was off the ice and headed home around 6:30. It was a fun quick outing and I now plan to spend my weekend trying to get more familiar with the lake. Come on Friday!

Attach file:

png  FTC.png (880.97 KB)
15237_5a8ed17456cc4.png 720X1280 px

png  FTC1.png (803.81 KB)
15237_5a8ed18065256.png 720X1280 px

Posted on: 2/22 9:21:25

Re: Evening Outing
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Great report, gotta love trying new lakes and succeeding right off the bat. What did you catch those crappies with?

Posted on: 2/22 11:02:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Annandale
I was fishing a 1/16 ounce chartreuse frostee spoon tipped with a minnow head. The perch came on the same spoon with red euro larvae. Dead stick was the biggest crappie minnow I could find in the bucket on a #8 red Gamakatsu right off the gravel. I sure would have liked to have had a look at the one that got away.

Posted on: 2/22 11:43:47

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Gotta love those frostee spoons!

Posted on: 2/22 11:44:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page