Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Peacock Bass Fishing - Miami, FL
LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
The Peacock Bass has been on my fishing bucket list since I first saw a picture of one when I was in elementary school. I don't think I'll make it to the Amazon anytime soon so when our Florida vacation was booked I made it a point to get to SE Florida and chase these beautiful specimens! For our adventure we went out near Miami, FL with local guide Captain Scott Rose. He shared a lot of information about this unique fishery and put us on both numbers and quality fish. Our Biggest 5 weighed in at 20.5lbs! This trip was something I won't soon forget.

To watch a video of our Adventure, Click HERE

Posted on: 2/22 15:50:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing - Miami, FL
Staff Team
What a great video and Thank you for sharing that with our LSF members. Those are some cool looking hard fighting fish for sure. Thanks again for sharing that video............Kirk

Posted on: 2/22 19:09:47

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
Quote:
Kirk wrote:
What a great video and Thank you for sharing that with our LSF members. Those are some cool looking hard fighting fish for sure. Thanks again for sharing that video............Kirk

They do fight quite a bit harder than the Green and Brown bass I'm used to catching! What surprised me about the fishery in SE Florida is that it is mostly live bait (Shiners). There are so many fish in those channels that the Peacock's won't chase a bait for long. I guess they can be caught on the fly but your casts needs to be very accurate and your hookset quick because they spit the flies fast. Our guide said artificials could be done but you're going to spend all day to maybe catch a few fish.

Posted on: 2/23 9:24:37

LSF Member
From Rochester/Mille Lacs
Great video and thanks for sharing!! Definitely a bucket list fish for me as well.

Posted on: 2/24 16:46:46

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page