Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

New starting battery: POLL
LSF Member
From Park Rapids
Looking to see what everyone is running for a starting battery and your thoughts on them. In the market for a new one to run my 06 Yamaha F90. It will also be running 2 depth finders and a stereo. I really don't want to add a second battery for graphs as I just bought a new 3 bank onboard charger last year.

Posted on: 2/23 12:34:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New starting battery: POLL
LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
i just bought a group 27 interstate deep cycle last year, granted its only turning a 40hp but runs 2 graphs as well

Posted on: 2/23 12:55:20

LSF Member
I bought an interstate last year to start my Yamaha 115 and run two Lowrance HDS 7's and have no complaints so far.

Posted on: 2/23 13:44:04

LSF Member
Yup.

Have not had a problem with any Interstate that I have ever had.

Posted on: 2/23 14:40:56

Staff Team
I have only used interstate in both my boats and never had a problem.............Kirk

Posted on: 2/23 15:13:30

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From vadnais heights
Ive got a die hard marine group 27 and starting battery. Got them on sale at Sears a few years ago and haven't had any problems. They run a radio and 2 graphs.

Posted on: 2/23 15:31:30

LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
Interstate or Optima Blue Top 27 series. I currently have an Optima in my boat to start my F150, DF9.9, run 3 graphs plus all others accessories and it's been great! Fish all day on tourney trails and haven't had an issue. My last boat had Interstates for 3 seasons and sold them with the boat. Worked just fine as well.

Posted on: 2/23 16:06:21

LSF Member
I have been using Interstate's for over 20 years, never had a battery problem. I had one starting battery for over 10 years and that went with my old boat when I sold it.

Posted on: 2/24 10:51:18

LSF Member
From Park Rapids
I was leaning at either Interstate or Optima. Sounds like Interstate is still tried and true.

next question, thoughts on a straight up starting battery vs a dual purpose? Dual purpose sounds like it might be better if you are running a bunch of electronics off of it, however i have seen mixed reviews.

Posted on: 2/24 19:01:22

LSF Member
From Farmington MN
Since I retired I've been delivering auto parts 3 mornings a week. My experience with Optima is almost exclusively with their car batteries. I only know of 1 blue top sold there in my 3 years at the store and it was returned 6 weeks later. The store replaced it for the customer, but had to eat the cost of the battery because Optima wouldn't honor the warranty. Our house batteries, Interstate and Optima are all manufactured by Johnson Controls. The house batteries and Interstates are always warrantied no questions asked if they fail a digital battery test. The house batteries and Interstates are also discounted one year after manufacture date, not so with Optima.

Posted on: 2/25 11:35:09

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page