Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Snow depth
LSF Member
Hey fellas. Has the snow started melting on Leech yet? Wondering if truck travel is a go or if I should bring the sleds.

Posted on: 3/1 20:23:30

Re: Snow depth
LSF Member
Yes, guys, please, give us the idea how bad it is there now. I also wanted to get on the pond, but I am not sure if 1/2 ton pickup with average tires can do it. Any information greatly appreciated!

Posted on: 3/1 20:53:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
I was on Woman Lake late last week, before the two most recent snows. Truck travel off road on Woman was sketch. Never got stuck, but had to rock the truck a couple times.

No way I would drive off road after the most recent snows.

Good luck.

Posted on: 3/1 21:54:24

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
Was out on Leech weekend of February 17th, the first snowfall we had gotten in a while happened that Sunday. I was able to off road a little bit with the wheelhouse, got stuck and had to rock turning around twice, but that's before the snow. We actually left a day early because we were way out there and didn't want to get stuck with the wheelhouse that far out. We were off a roaf, but not a well maintained one. After the last few weeks, sleds are the way to go. I wouldn't be trying to off road in a truck unless you have tire chains.

Also as a side note, as a wheelhouse owner. I was not too impressed with trappers landing roads. Wide enough for only a single truck, and a pain in the ass to get off of it in most spots. We left early because I was sure if we didn't we weren't going to get plowed out by them and the snow was coming down hard. I can't imagine the roads being maintained any better with Walter season coming to a close, but there Is that option if you're set on the truck. Just don't expect do get off the road too far and I would probsbly check with trappers first to see if they're still maintaining them.

Posted on: 3/2 8:41:19

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page