Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Fish Frying
LSF Member
A fellow on the lake shared his process for frying fish. I tried it and it worked well.

Dip your fish filets in egg wash.

Dip the filets in your favorite breading. (He used pulverized saltine crackers. I used shore lunch.)

Spread them out and Freeze them overnight on a cookie sheet or Tupperware cake pan using wax paper in between layers.

When they are frozen you can take them and put them in a freezer bag and keep them in the freezer, then take as many out as you'd like at a time and deep fry frozen.

You would think the frozen filets might splatter but they didn't. You still have to go through the timely process of breading them but saves time and mess when you are actually frying them.

Posted on: 3/4 14:14:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fish Frying
LSF Member
From andover
That's a great idea Jim. I'm going to try that. I use Andy's Cajun style breading myself. It's kind of like buying breaded fillets from the store but better. Great idea to do this ahead so it's ready to go when you want them. good idea.

Posted on: 3/4 15:43:26

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
I bought some Andy's, yellow the other day when the store didn't have Shore lunch so I will try that sometime. I sure love eating those crappies/sunnies deep fried!

Posted on: 3/5 12:45:02

LSF Member
From St. Joseph, Mo.
"Dip your fish filets in egg wash."

We use beer and then dip in dry powder mix. Should that work in the freezer?

Posted on: 3/5 23:12:44

LSF Member
Should work just fine. I'll have to try that dipping in beer. Sounds good.

Posted on: 3/6 13:51:00

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page