Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Lake Travel - Metro
LSF Member
From West Metro
Anyone been out in the metro since the snow? I'm wondering if truck travel is still an option or if there's too much snow on the lakes. TIA

Posted on: 3/7 10:37:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lake Travel - Metro
LSF Member
From Maple Grove
Passed Independence yesterday and there was a half ton out there. Watched them drive off and they were pushing a lot of snow but they made it.

Posted on: 3/7 15:45:47

LSF Member
From West Metro
Decided to head west and fished a small lake in the Annandale area. The fishing sucked but travel was fine with 4 wheel drive. There was some slush out there but it wasn't too bad. Saw a few trucks on Waconia on my way home as well.

Posted on: 3/7 18:34:01

LSF Member
Looks like a few trucks have been out on some lakes near me in the northeast metro. From the looks of it they ran into a little slush and and had to power through some snow but they made it on and off.

4 wheel drive is a must I'd assume and there is a chance of getting stuck but also seems doable if you pay attention.

Posted on: 3/8 9:48:37

LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
I went out on Sunday in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I hit a few slush spots where I 4wd came in clutch but I also hit 2 other drifts/deep spots where I wound up getting stuck. The clearance is what did me in. Thankfully I had some friends on the lake who helped push me out of them.

Posted on: 3/13 9:12:01

LSF Member
From West Metro
I saw a few cars out on Prior on Sunday. Not sure how they didn't get stuck, there were deep pockets of slush in quite a few areas. I'm guessing by the end of the week the snow pack will settle/melt enough for most vehicles to get around, however most of the accesses I've seen are already getting pretty sloppy.

Posted on: 3/13 9:36:59

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Quote:

MN_BassFisher wrote:
I went out on Sunday in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I hit a few slush spots where I 4wd came in clutch but I also hit 2 other drifts/deep spots where I wound up getting stuck. The clearance is what did me in. Thankfully I had some friends on the lake who helped push me out of them.

A shovel and pair of floor mats will help you get yourself out alone in the future. Clear snow from frame and put the two mats under your rear tires. I had to put this plan into action a couple weeks ago. You could bring chunks of carpet along too, otherwise you can end up with tread marks on your floor mats! Looks kinda cool though.

Travel was ok last weekend, just have to watch out for old house banks and plow ridges.

Posted on: 3/14 8:15:43

LSF Member
From St Michael
I was out on a small lake in Wright County last night. The landing looked a little sketchy, but was no problem. once on the lake, the snow was well packed and easy to drive over. There was more ice than i have seen this season. The auger was to the motor without an extension. Plus, the crappie were snapping!

Posted on: 3/16 9:13:05

Staff Team
From Annandale
Great to hear the bite was on! I'll be headed out tonight chasing some salt and peppers as well. It's always a mind game this time of year with that shore ice. Sometimes you feel like you're driving right into lake!

Posted on: 3/16 10:18:33

LSF Member
From St Michael
Yeah, the landing at Upper Maple looked very open. It had a puddle right to shore that had refrozen, but it looked just like open water. BTW, I couldn't get them to bite at all on Maple. Had to move to Schmidts.

Posted on: 3/16 11:03:32

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page