Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Humminbird Helix Megas
LSF Member
From West Fargo, ND
Dad just bought a new boat and he's going with a Mega unit, but I've heard in the past you needed a high speed transducer to get optimal performance at speeds. For those of you that have it, do you notice a difference? I'm not talking about for SI/DI purposes, only when in 2D obviously. Thanks!

Posted on: 3/7 20:02:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Humminbird Helix Megas
LSF Member
From West Fargo, ND
Also, at what speed do you notice a fall of in the regular transducer that comes with it? If the standard transducer works up to 20mph or so then I don't know how much use he'd get out of the high speed one because he'd be cruising spot to spot before slowing down to actually look for things more specifically.

Posted on: 3/7 20:06:27

Re: Humminbird Helix Megas
LSF Member
Biggest reason I put a hs transducer on mine was because I wanted to mount the si transducer higher on the transom to avoid hitting anything when traveling at high speeds. My si transducer is completely out of the water when anywhere near planing speeds. Boat originally didn't have the HS transducer, only the si and it seemed to work fine by itself. I just prefer replacing 2d transducers when I hit a log or ice instead of the $$$ si transducer.

Posted on: 3/7 20:20:12

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page