Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

which utility box for plain hooks, swivels, etc
LSF Member
From Park Rapids
just ordered a new tackle bag. this one will hold a few more utility boxes than the last one. Wondering what people use for utility boxes to hold their rigging supplies (plain hooks, swivels, sinkers, etc). I have yet to find one that the plain hooks stay sorted in their wanted location. small swivels end up everywhere.

does anyone know of a utility box that has a tight seal that would keep certain items where you want them? FYI, looking at the 3750 size boxes. roughly 14x9 with varying thickness.

Posted on: 3/8 20:52:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: which utility box for plain hooks, swivels, etc
LSF Member
From kasson mn
what I use now and so far found the best is prescription bottles for the small hooks a swivels etc if the box isn't water proof the bottles are good luck

Posted on: 3/8 21:42:37

Re: which utility box for plain hooks, swivels, etc
LSF Member
From Park Rapids
thats not a terrible idea. the 3750 box i have now has 20+ spots in it. i use a lot of different size, color and style plain hooks depending on what i am targeting. in this same box, i like to keep an assortment of weights and swivels. stuff ends up mixed all over and you have to be careful when opening the lid to make sure hooks dont fall out. i would need a lot of pill bottles to make that work and most likely a crankbait box to put them in with sinkers in a separate box. not a deal breaker, was just really hoping someone had a good box that would work for this situation.

thanks for the idea!

Posted on: 3/8 21:51:19

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page