Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Sound systems or CD players or speakers
Staff Team
What do our LSF members use for music options when up in a cabin? I like to listen to my Country Music on my CD player but can't seem to find one with good sound. We have WIFI up in some of the cabins but not to often. I would like a CD player with some good sounding speakers all in one really. Just would like to see what you guys and gals use and any help or tips on equipment is out there. Price is not really a problem but only use it a few times a year so don't want to get crazy. After fishing and while cooking supper I truly enjoy listening to music..........Kirk

Posted on: 3/10 13:44:25

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Sound systems or CD players or speakers
LSF Member
From Minnesota
I can't help other then to say you can't make country sound good. So a old boom box might work.

I have DirectTv at the camper and just use that for the baseball games and music.

Posted on: 3/10 13:53:59

Staff Team
LOL, I knew someone would say something about my Country Music. Boom Boxes work OK but trying to upgrade a little and get a better quality sound. Really would like a Bose system but would not use it enough I don't believe to justify the cost...........Kirk

And I listen to two types of Music = Country and Western

Posted on: 3/10 14:12:00

Pro Staff- The Dangler

LSF Member
From Minnesota
When you tee 'em up like that it's just to easy!

Posted on: 3/10 14:35:21

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Really you tee him up for listening to country music and not that he is looking for a CD player??? I thought they quit making CD players in about 10 years ago.

I am guessing you have a phone. Since you are already on here you have a computer. There are plenty of free programs that will take your CD format and make them a digital format to be put on your phone. Your phone probably has Bluetooth on it and there are tons of options for portable Bluetooth speakers out there in various price ranges.

The setup I use that serves multiple purposes. I got a Samsung tablet (Tab A) for under $200. Has a built in GPS so have the Navionics App on it for navigation, can do my email and internet surfing in the cabin along with playing my full Garth collection.

For a speaker I got JBL Flip for under $100. Wife also has the Charge that is a little more expensive but sounds better. The added bonus on these type speakers is they have the ability to charge your phone if you need to.

Let me know if you need any help converting your CD's.

Posted on: 3/10 18:20:15

Staff Team
Thank you for the great information Gunther........Kirk

Let me know if you find a map of GULLROCK or I might be able to and I will circle some spots we been catching walleyes in the last 27 years..............Kirk

Posted on: 3/11 14:09:40

Pro Staff- The Dangler

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
If you have an iPhone (don't know about Driod phones), just rip songs from your current CD collection onto iTunes (iTunes usually asks if you want to add the CD to your collection) and get a good Bluetooth speak and bam, there you go.

Posted on: 3/11 14:59:21

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page