Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Morris point March 7-9
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Took me a couple days to get to this report, sorry about that. We (2 guys) were up out of morris point last week fished half day wednesday, all day thursday and a few hours friday morning. The road was in great shape, would not recommend off roading too much we did get stuck and had to shovel out. About 4 feet of ice everywhere we drilled but was able to get through with a single extension just fine.

As for the fishing it was not as hot as last year. We found a hot prime time bite up shallow (about 19-20 fow). That is where all our keepers came from. Red rattling flyer seemed to work the best, during prime time when you marked a fish it just smoked it and it was a blast. One time even had a sauger eat my dead stick and while i was watching the bobber go down it swam over and hit my jigging rod. i landed it with both jigs in its mouth. We kept 10 fish overall. About half saugers/eyes. Saugers were 14-16" and walleyes were 15-16". A lot of fish came in at the 11-13" range we tossed back to catch next year. No bonus fish this year which was weird, thought at least we would snag a northern fishing up shallow like that. During the day out deep we tried about every depth from 25-31 fow. Just caught short saugers mainly on the dead sticks. From talking to people in the fish cleaning shack and at the bar, not a lot going in the resort houses. We were glad we decided to stay mobile and get on that shallow bite.

And finally, I did get one slot fish. I think it was all of 26" (and fat!) but I don't think my buddy knows how to use a tape measure because he claims it was only 25.5"... That was a fun fish.

Attach file:

jpg  26 inch lotw.jpg (1,076.62 KB)
20675_5aa551dcd0965.jpg 3035X3024 px

Posted on: 3/11 10:59:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login Facebook Page Twitter Page LinkedIn Page YouTube Page