Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Will this rod work for Wacky rigging
LSF Member
Hi bought a Scheels tournament $100 series rod 6.6 medium with extra fast tip. Paired to a pflueger president 6925 reel. I normally get shorter rods because I'm 5.4'. rod rated for 1/16-3/8 ounces. I will use this 90% for wacky rigging some small jigs with a curly tail plastic and it seems like it would make a nice panfish rod also. Never had a extra fast tip just want to know if this should work feels good in the hands.

Posted on: 3/12 19:08:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Will this rod work for Wacky rigging
LSF Member
If it feels good in your hand, then it will work!

You aren't going to be making 140 yard casts into the back of the Surf for Roosterfish!! So whatever you like, is going to be just fine!!

Posted on: 3/13 9:54:10

Re: Will this rod work for Wacky rigging
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Yep, if it feels good in the hand it should work.

I realize there are advantages to some of the fancier rods but honestly you can get completely functional rods fairly cheap or at least reasonably priced. I think some of it is a little over blown personally but I'm sure I spend extra on some of my sporting goods that others think I'm over spending on. To each their own. Best thing to do is get out there and use it and see what you like/don't like about it and then consider those pros/cons in your next purchase!

Posted on: 3/13 17:49:05

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page