Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

2018 Spring Turkey
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Thought I would get this started now as I'm getting excited for the season. Who won the drawing? I'm season A this year. I'm busy the first few days of the season but I'll be out there the 2nd half.

Seemed like last fall had a lot of turkeys in our deer food plot, but they were always there consistently between noon and 2pm. Should I be expecting that this spring too?

Posted on: 3/19 11:44:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 2018 Spring Turkey
Staff Team
From Bloomington
I also have season A.

I was wondering if the pattern would change. The area I hunt they had a different pattern in the spring vs fall during deer hunting.

There was 3x more in the group in the Fall vs Spring. I assume food availability is what sets their patterns. Times must go by sunlight.

Posted on: 3/19 12:44:01

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I just ran up to the hunting land last week to make sure the cameras still had batteries and were working. Want to see what time the turkeys are scratching in the food plot once the snow pack melts away.

I too noticed the groups were a lot larger in the fall than spring. I assumed it had something to do with mating though.

Posted on: 3/19 13:37:17

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
What does everyone think this snow and cold snap will do with the early turkey season? I'm not sure the snow will even be gone (where I'm hunting anyway) by the time the season opens.

Posted on: 4/4 13:53:47

Staff Team
From Bloomington
I had the same thought. I hunt by Princeton. I am sure the snow will be gone but am wondering if I need to do some scouting to see if the patterns will be the same. Season A is only 2 weeks away.

Posted on: 4/4 15:17:30

LSF Member
I haven't seen many birds around yet. Pretty tightly grouped up around winter foot yet I'm assuming. Could all bust loose with the first warm days, who knows. Right now normal spots I see have nothing yet.

Posted on: 4/4 15:21:54

LSF Member
From mora mn
Was thinking same thing also. I drew A season but not going to buy my licence untill day or 2 before if birds arnt cooperating. Either buy an archery or wait till C over counter if that's the case

Posted on: 4/4 15:24:46

LSF Member
From Champlin/Mahtowa mn
Unfortunately for me I already bought my season A license. I can update you guys as I hunt around the Saint Cloud area. Ill let you guys know if anything is moving by the time I start hunting. Of course this snow had to come now when we don't want it. Where was it in January? Lol

Posted on: 4/5 10:29:05

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I already have my license and took time off work for Season A so I'll be out there no matter what. I'm not hunting far away from you guys, I hunt near Mora. You really think the snow will be gone by then? I'm not so sure. I guess it is suppose to rain some which will help.

Posted on: 4/6 7:44:47

LSF Member
From mora mn
I'm near mora also. There is alot of snow in the woods yet. With the way the weather is looking I'm guessing there will be snow yet. My advantage is I've only ever bow hunted turkey so I will prolly just buy a archery tag and hunt when u can since this weather is also keeping me from going to work early this year.

Posted on: 4/6 7:57:57

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page