Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

nills ice auger
LSF Member
From Delano,mn
wondering if you like it and how do you resharpen it if you need to do you use a drill or hand crank thanks

Posted on: 2018/3/24 20:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: nills ice auger
LSF Member
Yes I love mine. Sold my gas auger and only have the Nils. I use Milwaukee brushless drill.

Posted on: 2018/3/25 8:04

LSF Member

Posted on: 2018/3/25 8:06

LSF Member
From Hastings/ Harris
Absolutly love mine. Guy in Northern MN is the only guy around that sharpens them and he tests them before shipping back.
Have mine on a Dewalt, and it cuts like butter.
I'll try and link the guy's info

Posted on: 2018/3/25 18:12

LSF Member
From Delano,mn
Thanks for the replies will be done with cleaning carbs soon Great to see the test results it will make fishing fun again

Posted on: 2018/3/25 20:46

LSF Member
I've been using a 6" convertible Nils auger (the orange one) for the last 2.5 years and it's been great. I use a DeWalt 20v XR 3 speed hammerdrill and it cuts great. Since I've got my Nils I haven't used the gas auger more than a dozen times, which was used to target larger fish and with very thick ice.

I haven't needed to sharpen the blades yet, but like BiteKiller said, there is a guy outside of Duluth who sharpens them. From what I've read, he's the only guy in the USA who sharpens them, which is kind of weird. Below is his info.

Frank DeLuca
5382 Jentoft Rd
Saginaw, MN 55779
frankbdeluca@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2018/3/26 7:45

LSF Member
From Saginaw, MN
I'm on my sixth year with my 8" convertible and had to sharpen once because I hit some dirty ice. Blade edges are a bit sensitive. Also using the older 750 ips Fuel 18 brushless. I have run it several times through 30 plus inches of ice with the 14" extension and it never slowed down. When I got my blade back from Frank it was sharper than factory. He does an excellent job with a fast turnaround. Only time I had trouble is when I forgot my drill. Luckily I had the handle with.

Posted on: 2018/4/2 20:34

LSF Member
From Hudson WI
I think I am getting one next year! Buddy has one and it drills like melting butter. Love these!

Posted on: 2018/4/3 19:20

LSF Member
From Hastings/ Harris
https://m.facebook.com/frank.deluca.96

Frank DeLuca is the authorized Nils sharpener

Posted on: 2018/4/5 9:13

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page