Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

MN Walleye Season
LSF Member
From Grand Forks
The season closes April 14th. Are you still legally able to target Walleye, but catch and release?

Posted on: 3/28 10:24:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: MN Walleye Season
Staff Team
No, the season is over and you cannot target walleyes after the 14th.

Posted on: 3/28 11:31:48

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Grand Forks
That's what I figured, but also wonder how the DNR treat accidental fish. ie fishing for pike/smallmouth etc. and DNR sees you catch a walleye.

My friends and I often debate this in regard to walleye fishing on Shoal Lake ON being it is a "fishing sanctuary" for walleye but angling is allowed for other species.

It may be apples and oranges, being its Ontario vs MN, I don't know.

At any rate, I'm not one to push the subject, but I often wonder. I suppose it might depend on the particular DNR officer / Conservation officer you run into that day.

Posted on: 3/28 12:18:12

LSF Member
JTSCHRO just a update for ya , unless your fishing border waters , the Walleye , Northern , Bass season is done , until it reopens in May 2018 ...

Posted on: 3/28 22:12:14

LSF Member
From central mn
I see this often around the metro area lakes,knuckel heads throwing large spinner baits during the closed walleye/pike and bass season.Closed season is closed,I suspect the CO's when observing these fishing tatic's will site these folks for molesting spawning fish,after all this is why the season is closed.

Posted on: 3/29 12:50:15

LSF Member
From Park Rapids, MN
The COs up there are smart enough to figure out what people are doing on the river.... if you are out in the middle of the river jigging they will probably stop over. If you are up in the bays casting then they won't bat an eye.....

Posted on: 3/29 16:03:09

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page