Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Open water on opener??
LSF Member
From Crosby
If you are planning on fishing open water on the fishing opener you better plan to fish in southern Minn. or on a river. I live in north central Minn. and we are still driving on 30+ inches of snow covered ice. The next 15 day forecast has no 50 degree temps and below freezing every night. That gets us to within 20 days of the opener. There is no way the ice will be off lakes in the Brainerd area and north, especially the larger deep basin lakes. There may be some small dark stained lakes that get close but donít count on it. Itís going to be one of those weird years! If you do come up north for the opener, bring your auger!

Posted on: 4/7 8:58:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Open water on opener??
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Yeah this spring is definitely not happening.

Maybe it will swing from this cold right into 70s so I wouldn't count out an OK opener yet!

Posted on: 4/7 9:10:16

LSF Member
From andover
It's been one of these years that extentions to augers were needed in a lot of lakes where in the past not so much. I'm planning on doing more fishing on the north shore for steelhead and loopers this spring. Even that will be late. good luck.

Posted on: 4/7 10:06:34

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
The late spring will make it hard on guys like me who with work have to plan trips 6 months in advance and just try to time things best we can. Unfortunately (or maybe luckily?) this year with an infant I didn't have any early plans... First trip up north will be end of may into early june and should be timing some good fishing just right.

Posted on: 4/7 10:16:28

LSF Member
From andover
Yes, all of May and June will be good. good luck.

Posted on: 4/7 13:59:57

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page