Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Canadian fishing
LSF Member
Looking for a reasonably prices fly-in/drivin-in trip for 4 kids and 2 adults. Anyone gone to a good place with really good fishing and had a good experience. Please share the places you'd recommend. SOOOO many options, be nice to hear first hand places that have worked out good for you guys.

Thanks

Posted on: 4/10 10:11:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Canadian fishing
Staff Team
I have been on a few fly ins with Big North Lodge out of Minaki, Ontario. He has two out posts and both are Great Lakes to fish. Alex has been in the business many years and just a great guy who runs a great operation. You will not be disappointed going with him.........Kirk

Posted on: 4/10 10:20:25

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
I've been every year since 1993(sometimes twice). I've fished with 7 different outfitters throughout NW Ontario. The last 10 years have been spent with Amik outpost out of red lake. John and Rena do an amazing job and the fishing is second to none. Their website is www.canadianflyinfishing.com. I know there are some good ones out there but I've not found one better. My

Posted on: 4/10 10:33:11

LSF Member
If your doing things on a budget dont overlook Finlayson Lake resort in Atikokan canada. Great fishing and easy on the wallet!

I was having some trouble with there website while I was writing this but im sure its temporary.

Posted on: 4/10 12:33:51

LSF Member
From central mn
On a budget? One good resort/ont (drive in) is on Lac De Mille lacs Open Bay resort located on a small protected bay mid lake area and another further down at roads end is Pine Point resort,both have nice cabins,pine point also has one out post cabin on a island 3 miles out from the resort,lake is loaded with islands and walleyes/pike.Best time to go is the month of June.

If it sounds interesting to you I have many hot spots to try,fished the lake over 20yrs and then some

PS~ Haven't been back up in many years with all the regs/slots and reduced limits not to mention the BS with border crossing and such however family members tell the lake is as good as it ever was for walleye.,also have great camp sites marked very secluded islands.

Fly-in?Showalter's is a class act,many private out post camps to choose from.

Posted on: 4/10 12:49:17

LSF Member
Anyone try Ghost River Lodge? They have very reasonable father/son packages it looks like.

Posted on: 4/10 13:47:11

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
We've heard of nothing but good comments for Hidden Bay Lodge fly-in outposts which is why we chose them for our first time trip. The price is mid-range, but includes free night stay in a cabin the night before, free breakfast the morning you fly out, they fly out between 6:00 and 8:00 in the morning with their own plane (no waiting for charters). All-inclusive meal plan. Free satellite phone & internet for emergencies or checking weather, etc. Solar lights, hot & cold water with indoor toilets & showers. Extremely friendly people but they fill up fast with 90% return customers. Be worth a look though.

Slate Falls has some pretty good prices and very good for Miniss which is a fish factory. Heard they're good people with good accommodations.

Heard good things about Clark's, Mattice Lake Outfitters and Viking Outposts too.

Posted on: 4/11 17:13:18

LSF Member
From Fountain City, Wisconsin
I've been to Ghost River Lodge and we caught lots of fish but all them them basically eaters. They run a nice program there. No problems.

Posted on: 4/17 13:05:36

LSF Member
From Bemidji mn
thumbs up on Slate falls ,First class all the way!

Posted on: Yesterday 5:08:31

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page