Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Opener
LSF Member
From outta here
Quote:

fishnpole wrote:
As of April 25th, there is 32 inches of ice on the lake. The snow on top has turned to slush and travel in ANYTHING is difficult at best. There is large pools of water under the remaining slush. The ice hasn't honeycombed, so the water has no way to get through the ice. At the current highs and lows, this honeycombing is about a week and a half or so out.
Once this is done, it'll be about two weeks before the 32 inches will be gone.
My prediction from the end of February is May 20th.

The latest ice out ever.

Viva global warming!

Hey there F-N-P!!

Predicting a record, eh? Looks good to me. I'm not booked until the following weekend.

Posted on: 4/25 14:48:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Cass Lake, MN
Quote:

fishnpole wrote:
As of April 25th, there is 32 inches of ice on the lake. The snow on top has turned to slush and travel in ANYTHING is difficult at best. There is large pools of water under the remaining slush. The ice hasn't honeycombed, so the water has no way to get through the ice. At the current highs and lows, this honeycombing is about a week and a half or so out.

The latest ice out ever.

Viva global warming!

Mille Lacs and the Central MN lakes must have had far more snow cover on them the past few weeks if the report is new white slush and no honeycombing of the ice. I drilled plenty of holes on Cass on sunday the 22nd, might have had 30 inches of ice but it was NOT good ice. i booted the ice down 6-7 inches alone with my foot. We also havent had snow on the lake in well over a week, maybe even two. I have renewed hope that we will come down to the last day of two before opener, maybe even day of, to see ice out.
--- side note, once that ice takes in water, we've seen well over 12" of waterlogged ice vanish in the winds in a matter of hours. Have hope!

Posted on: 4/25 15:03:27

LSF Member
Quote:

TheOtherSide92 wrote:
Quote:

fishnpole wrote:

The latest ice out ever.

Viva global warming!

Mille Lacs and the Central MN lakes must have had far more snow cover on them the past few weeks if the report is new white slush and no honeycombing of the ice. I drilled plenty of holes on Cass on sunday the 22nd, might have had 30 inches of ice but it was NOT good ice. i booted the ice down 6-7 inches alone with my foot. We also havent had snow on the lake in well over a week, maybe even two. I have renewed hope that we will come down to the last day of two before opener, maybe even day of, to see ice out.
--- side note, once that ice takes in water, we've seen well over 12" of waterlogged ice vanish in the winds in a matter of hours. Have hope!

Take a look.

http://www.mnlakecams.com/lybacks/lybacks.html

Posted on: 4/25 19:36:54

LSF Member
From Garrison
The view from Lyback's is grim. Take a look at Red Door and Appledorn's webcam. Looks a lot different. I still believe there's a chance we'll see open water. It can happen real quick assuming we get some rain and wind which are both in the forecast for early next week. Keep fingers crossed!!

Posted on: 4/26 10:15:42

LSF Member
From central mn
I'm with fishpole....the longer we wait for ice out the better,we'll see another banner "yoy" class of walleye for 2018.

Posted on: 4/26 11:42:53

LSF Member
From North shore of Mille Lacs
Not having ANYTHING mess up our spawning cycle (including the electro fishing the idiots do) is going to make for another good hatch.
The thing I'm worried about now is they'll be eating their tails..........

Posted on: 4/26 18:04:06

LSF Member
From Aitkin
Went out at Garrison last Saturday-28" of ice and about 1" of snow. The top was starting to hold water about 4" down. With a couple good rains, my guess is ice out will be May 12.
Good Luck everyone!

Posted on: 4/26 21:37:48

LSF Member
May 11th 1700 hrs thats an order!

Posted on: 4/28 19:01:48

LSF Member
From East Bethel
I went to check on camper on the west side today. Some shore lines and creeks starting to go but not much. A long ways out

Posted on: 4/28 20:16:26

LSF Member
From NE Wright County
2 weeks to go yet. It will be open.

Posted on: 4/28 20:30:12

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page