Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Turkey archery?
LSF Member
Favorite broadhead for turkey?Crossbow or compound?I have distal tendon complete tear crossbow only for me.

Posted on: 2018/4/21 15:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Turkey archery?
LSF Member
From mora mn
I've always used rage 2 blade. Same onse I use deer hunting and actually same ones I've shot deer with. Like then little dull so don't get as much penetration.

Posted on: 2018/4/21 20:51

LSF Member
Congratulations on your turkey.....headed out today to try!

Posted on: 2018/4/22 3:11

LSF Member
I shoot grim reaper carni four

They are able to be used in a crossbow too

Posted on: 2018/4/22 21:45

LSF Member
Was out for 4 hours yesterday.Only saw 2 sandhill cranes I chased out when setting my decoys.Not one sound or sight of 100's of roosting turkeys spotted last fall/winter while late season bow hunting.Not sure where they went.Must have relocated from southern Millelacs county.Will keep trying to locate.

Posted on: 2018/4/23 6:38

LSF Member
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
Was out for 4 hours yesterday.Only saw 2 sandhill cranes I chased out when setting my decoys.Not one sound or sight of 100's of roosting turkeys spotted last fall/winter while late season bow hunting.Not sure where they went.Must have relocated from southern Millelacs county.Will keep trying to locate.

Give up a dead quiet morning of hunting and just drive, park and listen you'll find them quickly. You can hear them miles away on ad calm morning.

Posted on: 2018/4/23 10:05

LSF Member
All private land no public....asking random people if I can hunt on their land isn't appealing to me.I will keep trying.I have some other property to hunt more by Aitkin.

Posted on: 2018/4/23 12:51

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Yeah, I kept reading/hearing "you need to drive around and find them". What do you guys that do that do, just knock on farmers doors and ask if you can hunt their field the next day? Or are you driving around and scoping out public lands?

Posted on: 2018/4/23 14:53

LSF Member
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Yeah, I kept reading/hearing "you need to drive around and find them". What do you guys that do that do, just knock on farmers doors and ask if you can hunt their field the next day? Or are you driving around and scoping out public lands?

Ask
You would be surprised how much more willing people are letting you hunt turkeys over deer.

Posted on: 2018/4/28 23:25

LSF Member
Quote:

zachd wrote:
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:

Ask
You would be surprised how much more willing people are letting you hunt turkeys over deer.

Unlike deer they aren't everywhere so you are wasting your time most time just going hunting. You need to find the little pockets of birds then start asking there or on a bordering property. Some places will have birds every year, but most they tend to move around year to year. I scout in April and ask then, usually take some quiet mornings and drive stop listen repeat. Lots of times you'll never seen them because of terrain but you can hear them.

Posted on: 2018/4/29 5:57

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page