Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Mille Lacs~Netting~
LSF Member
From North shore of Mille Lacs
From a guide on the north end: "I just watched nets being pulled over the side of a boat a few 100 yards from our place....WOW!! At least 50-75 per net. HUGE numbers of 2013 year class walleyes THICK in the shallows last night. WOW! The nets have NEVER been so full!! There was 2000-3000 ft. of nets set last night in my neighborhood and I would guess, confidently, that those nets killed well over 1000 2013 year class walleyes...that's ONE group--one night."

Posted on: 5/11 5:44:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Fishnpole. That makes me sick.

I don't understand why some people want to ignore this issue.

Posted on: 5/11 7:06:26

LSF Member
From Secret X
Maybe I should goo join in the festivities!

Attach file:

jpg  images-1.jpg (10.00 KB)
22861_5af5906e982a7.jpg 300X168 px

Posted on: 5/11 7:45:43

LSF Member
Here you go......

Tribal Enrollment & Probate

The Tribal Enrollments Office assists people who want to enroll as a Mille Lacs Band member. It also provides enrolled Band members with tribal identification cards. For more information on Tribal Enrollments, please see Enrollments.

Enrollments Manager: 320-532-7440.

Posted on: 5/11 9:05:37

LSF Member
From central mn
Sad as it is fishpole,the upside is at least the pilaging was limited to 1 week compared to past years when they netted for weeks causing mille lacs walleye fishery to collapse .

Posted on: 5/11 10:09:07

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I don't think you want to enroll with the Mille Lacs Band. They give ya a small check and send you on your way. The real money is spent acquiring property with those profits going back to................hmmm, nobody really knows where. You don't suppose the profits are being skimmed do you? Interesting thought.

Posted on: 5/11 10:09:39

LSF Member
The same question is still relevant today.

Why is the treaty only enforced in favor of the bands?

The North end of Mille Lacs is outside the ceded territories, and should be off limits to spearing and netting.

No answer ever has been forth coming from letters or emails to the DNR.

I don't like what goes on in the rest of the lake, but the courts have put in their two cents. The North End should be a protected spawning area.

Posted on: 5/11 11:34:55

LSF Member
From Secret X
Quote:

Bandersnatch wrote:

The North end of Mille Lacs is outside the ceded territories, and should be off limits to spearing and netting.

I don't like what goes on in the rest of the lake, but the courts have put in their two cents. The North End should be a protected spawning area.

That would be awesome if it was like that

Posted on: 5/11 11:51:50

LSF Member
From central mn
Good point bamder,however our dnr lacks the back bone to enforce anything against the natives, besides gathering off reservation but includes camping and setting up fish cleaning tents on /at our public accesses. Guess they're special.

Posted on: 5/11 12:48:12

LSF Member
From North shore of Mille Lacs
Quote:

Bandersnatch wrote:

This map shows what Bander is talking about, for those that don't know. On January 14, 1989 Art Gahbow, Chief Executive Officer of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, stated "As of right now we are on the offensive. We are on the attack. To state it simply, we will take it back.... The goal is to get back the original Mille Lacs, Sandy Lake and Rice Lake Reservations. The Lake Lena area will also be expanded.... One way or the other, we will take it back.... The State of Minnesota does not understand that we are a sovereign government.... Commissioner of Natural Resources Don Wedll, I want you to have our 1837 Treaty litigation underway in the next six months.... All work hours, all business transactions, all contract negotiations will be aimed at one goal: restoration of the reservation lands.... We will not back down. We are on the attack. There is no surrender."
The picture was shot yesterday 5/11/18

Attach file:

jpg  514878c6367b6.preview-300.jpg (15.32 KB)
18706_5af7566ace50c.jpg 300X241 px

jpg  Indian netter.jpg (123.45 KB)
18706_5af7585b38a6c.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 5/12 16:03:00

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page