Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Looking for Docks
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Anybody have any old sections of docks or floating docks around they want to get rid of? I can haul them away for you.

Posted on: 5/14 9:41:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Looking for Docks
LSF Member
Not to be rude or condescending, but please be vigilant about AIS, especially zebra mussels, when you're looking at a used dock and placing it into a new body of water.

In fact there is a law regarding such a thing.

As of July 1, 2012, a boat lift, dock, swim raft, or associated equipment that has been removed from any water body may not be placed in another water body until a minimum of 21 days have passed.

Posted on: 5/14 15:23:58

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
No worries on being rude! I did not know that law exists.

I could have said what I was going to use it for. Looking for an easy way to put a bridge across a couple small side drainage ditches on my hunting land. Not going into a new body of water per say but can definitely wait 21 days. Was really hoping someone had some old docks just laying around on their cabin land they wanted to get rid of.

Posted on: 5/15 7:36:02

LSF Member
Oh, I gotcha. The lake I live on has zeebes and if I were to get rid of my dock, I'd be leery that 21 days is even enough to kill those little bassturds since they're latched on there so thick.

Posted on: 5/16 14:37:06

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Totally respect that! I definitely don't want to spread any AIS. I was really hoping maybe somebody had replaced their dock last year or a couple years ago and just had their old dock or sections of it laying in their yard they wanted to get rid of.

Posted on: 5/16 14:39:47

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
No worries on being rude! I did not know that law exists.

I could have said what I was going to use it for. Looking for an easy way to put a bridge across a couple small side drainage ditches on my hunting land. Not going into a new body of water per say but can definitely wait 21 days. Was really hoping someone had some old docks just laying around on their cabin land they wanted to get rid of.

I did the same thing years ago. Works as well as you hope it will.

Posted on: 5/17 8:19:32

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page